Question:

Question: iOS 13: Update and phone won't ring

Since updating to iOS 13, my phone (iPhone XS) is sitting right in front of me on my desk and when someone calls, the phone doesn't ring or make a sound. It appears to happen when the phone is plugged in by cable to my MacBook Pro. I'm currently running iOS 13.1.2.

Any suggestions?

iPhone XS

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 5, 2019 6:48 AM in response to Big_Bad_John In response to Big_Bad_John

I’m having the same issues w or w/o my earbuds. I’ve added the flashing light so I cld visually see my calls coming in. I’ve also powered down my phone and that seemed to work for a few calls but went back silent. So add the flashing light, it helps not missing a call when your phone is right in front of you.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 4, 2019 10:29 AM in response to jranck In response to jranck

First check the "obvious"

1. Silent switch (above volume up button) isn't in silent mode.
  2. Settings → Do Not Disturb → Do Not Disturb = OFF
  3. Settings → Sound & Haptics → RINGER AND ALERTS:
    1. Slide Volume all the way to the right.
    2. Change with Buttons = OFF

Oct 4, 2019 10:29 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Oct 4, 2019 1:16 PM in response to Saifan Pilot In response to Saifan Pilot

Yah, checked all those things. It is weird in that it only seems to happen on occasion, but when it does, I can sit there and see the VM come up without the phone even ringing or any indication that anyone was trying to call.

Oct 4, 2019 1:16 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Oct 5, 2019 6:48 AM in response to Big_Bad_John In response to Big_Bad_John

I’m having the same issues w or w/o my earbuds. I’ve added the flashing light so I cld visually see my calls coming in. I’ve also powered down my phone and that seemed to work for a few calls but went back silent. So add the flashing light, it helps not missing a call when your phone is right in front of you.

Oct 5, 2019 6:48 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Oct 8, 2019 9:56 AM in response to jranck In response to jranck

After the latest update (13.1.2) my phone has stopped ringing for incoming calls. Tried all possible options by changing settings and even switching it off n on again. It rang only the 1st time after being switched on and then again back to no rings. It’s very frustrating when I m unaware of important calls coming in from business sources since the phone doesn’t ring at all. Seems like many other people are also facing the same issues. Please resolve this bug soon.

Oct 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Oct 8, 2019 1:33 PM in response to arshia6165 In response to arshia6165

Same issue here and I’m ****** off! iPhone SE. Worked perfectly until the 13.1.2 update. Now I’m missing calls and texts. Does work normally for 5-10 min after turning the phone on and off then starts acting up. I’ll get android soon if this isn’t fixed.

Oct 8, 2019 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: jranck

Question: iOS 13: Update and phone won't ring