Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting pop up message "helpermcp will damage your computer you should move it to bin. When. Doing it is again popping up .resulting. Unable to openany application this is happing once I have upgraded to Catalina today.ki.dly help.

I'm getting pop up message helpermcp will damage your computer.you should move it to bin.when I'm doing it is reoccurring again and again. I'm not able to open any application on my Mac book air 2018.please help.this is after I have upgraded to Catalina today.

Pradeep

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 5:53 AM

Navigate to the following folder, and post its contents in a screenshot:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

To open that folder, copy the entire line above and paste it in the Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field. Make it look like this:

... and click the Go button.

A Finder window will open. Take a screenshot showing all that folder's contents, and post it in a reply. To learn how to do that please read the Appendix in the following User Tip: Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

Usually, there is nothing in that folder so don't be surprised to find it empty. The reason for starting with that folder is to eliminate other potential causes before proceeding with steps that will identify and eradicate whatever is affecting that Mac.

There will be additional instructions to follow and this is just the first step.

For a description of how this may have occurred, how to avoid it in the future, and for Apple's recommended actions read How to install adware.

Review your Gatekeeper settings. To learn about Gatekeeper read Safely open apps on your Mac. Gatekeeper is designed to help prevent you from inadvertently installing garbage software.

Similar questions

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 5:53 AM in response to pradeep2121

Navigate to the following folder, and post its contents in a screenshot:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

To open that folder, copy the entire line above and paste it in the Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field. Make it look like this:

... and click the Go button.

A Finder window will open. Take a screenshot showing all that folder's contents, and post it in a reply. To learn how to do that please read the Appendix in the following User Tip: Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

Usually, there is nothing in that folder so don't be surprised to find it empty. The reason for starting with that folder is to eliminate other potential causes before proceeding with steps that will identify and eradicate whatever is affecting that Mac.

There will be additional instructions to follow and this is just the first step.

For a description of how this may have occurred, how to avoid it in the future, and for Apple's recommended actions read How to install adware.

Review your Gatekeeper settings. To learn about Gatekeeper read Safely open apps on your Mac. Gatekeeper is designed to help prevent you from inadvertently installing garbage software.

Oct 8, 2019 8:21 AM in response to rbadhri

Thanks. In the same manner as the above, open the following folder:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

To open that folder, copy and paste it in the Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field. It should look like this:

Once again ensure all its files and their names are readable, take a screenshot, and post it.

Then, repeat that exercise with the following folder:

/Library/LaunchAgents

Notice its pathname is different than the other two.

In the end, you will have captured and posted the contents of the following three separate folders:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

Please be sure to include or otherwise indicate the name of the folder that corresponds to each screenshot, so that you and I can keep track of which ones they are.

Oct 8, 2019 7:28 PM in response to John Galt

Anyone who is not pradeep2121 needs to post his or her own, brand new Discussion. Unless you are pradeep2121 I will not reply to you.

He owns this Discussion; you don't.

I realize that may come across as rude. That is not my intent. Barging in on someone else's Discussion does a disservice to its creator, and hinders others from providing the assistance he needs. That's rude.

If you really, truly have a completely identical problem, you may follow along for the solution if and when pradeep2121 replies with the information he needs to fix his problem. However, creating your own Discussion is the fastest and most effective way to resolve whatever problem you may have.

Thank you!

I'm getting pop up message "helpermcp will damage your computer you should move it to bin. When. Doing it is again popping up .resulting. Unable to openany application this is happing once I have upgraded to Catalina today.ki.dly help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.