Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling noise/Feedback on Iphone 11 pro

Is anyone experiencing feedback/crackling sounds when making FaceTime, WhatsApp, or regular calls on iPhone 11 Pro? if so, what is the fix?

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 6:28 AM

No idea. I went into the Apple store in my area and changed the phone but the issue persists. I am starting to wonder if it is a software issue because I cannot find any setting that reduces the crackling/feedback. Perhaps the next iOS update will address it. In the meantime, if anyone has a workaround please share. It is very annoying.

139 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 6:28 AM in response to sharen129

No idea. I went into the Apple store in my area and changed the phone but the issue persists. I am starting to wonder if it is a software issue because I cannot find any setting that reduces the crackling/feedback. Perhaps the next iOS update will address it. In the meantime, if anyone has a workaround please share. It is very annoying.

May 7, 2020 4:19 AM in response to H7O

Highly doubtful. I get the cracking when listening to music or playing a game. My old iPhone 7 Plus had a sound problem as Iv stated which caused the phone to overheat playing a game for about 15 minutes on it. To the point where it become unusable.

now my iPhone 11 Pro Max has sound issues too. It’s most defiantly a hardware problem. Either the supplier of the sound hardware is supplying defective chips. Or something is shorting on the inside of the phone. When you look at the motherboard for the iPhone 11 Pro Max it’s two boards sandwiched together. So something shorting could very well be the issue.

Nov 5, 2019 11:54 AM in response to Gmpotu

I totally agree. I updated to iOS13.2 with the hope that this would have resolved the issue but to no avail. The Apple Store could not find a hardware issue with my phone so at the time I got the impression that it was a software issue. However if that is the case it has not yet been resolved by Apple which is unfortunate. I am hoping that we will hear something official from Apple soon.

Nov 6, 2019 8:05 AM in response to marioncaye

It sounds like old static you would hear over a walkie-talkie. I returned my iPhone 11 Pro to my provider. They exchanged it for a new one out of the box. The problem persists. Both I and the caller on the other end hear the static. At times it is so present that we cannot hear one another. I only make regular cellular calls. This needs to be fixed. It’s not just an annoyance. It makes conversing on the phone impossible.

Nov 8, 2019 9:10 AM in response to marioncaye

I’m also having this issue. Went to Apple store, they ran some tests and couldn’t find any hardware issue. I insisted that something is not right though as my girlfriend also has the same phone and she doesn’t seem to have this problem. They asked me to reset all settings and try the phone for another week. Still experiencing the problem. I’ll go back to raise this issue. I suspect it is indeed a faulty hardware and not software, as it’s not happening on all the phones.

Nov 12, 2019 4:45 PM in response to marioncaye

I have iphone 11 pro and since the day I bought it I have static noise and crackling during regular phone calls. Static is more evident at higher volume, but its present at lower volume too.

What is interesting is that I only get static and crackling when I talk with people on different carriers.

On the other hand, when I talk with people who use services of the same carrier as me, call quality is excellent, loud, clear, without any static and crackling.

i tried everything, reset network settings, did hard reset, changed sim card, issue still persists.

I took it to the apple store, phone passed audio diagnostics so according to them, everything is ok with my phone.

I am quite confused now. Is it software or hardware? IOS 13.2.2 update didn't fix anything, apple say that everything is ok with hardware. Is there a point to wait for another update, I just don't see other options at this moment.

Crackling noise/Feedback on Iphone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.