Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macOS Catalina update is not showing up and nor is it downloading please check and help

My macOS Catalina update used to show up on my Mac Pro (late 2013) because it is compatible but when I had clicked the upgrade button it used to always get stuck to a certain MB out of 8.9 GB and when I had tried to update it several times it didn't work and after some time now when I had opened the software update section it is NOT showing the MacOS Catalina update but instead it is showing me the previous update

and on that to when I tried to update it isn't updating it but instead it is also getting stuck on the downloading just like the macOS Catalina update

PLEASE HELP.....

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Hello Joel_Acharya.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are having some trouble with downloading macOS. I will be glad to assist.

Let's try while in safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Cheers.

10 replies

Oct 19, 2019 2:39 AM in response to tbirdvet

Hi tbirdvet for the download of the Catalina or other software, if stuck in download try installing with safe mode (or safe boot)

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart you're Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

and then while in safe mode (or safe boot) try the download

If the issues persist, I would recommend contacting Apple Support:

Contact Apple for support and service

Good Luck

Oct 17, 2019 7:11 AM in response to DBV1

could be an issue related to network in your case, if that's the case follow this:

try to confirm if SOCKS proxy turned on. You can check that by going system preferences>network> wi-fi (or ethernet)> advanced> proxies > and untick SOCKS proxy. While on the same menu I also would advise you to select the option "TCP/IP" and click on "renew DHCP lease"

Also check if you have enough storage, try to reset the System Management Controller (SMC):

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295

Oct 17, 2019 5:16 AM in response to MichelleT18

thank you very much. I have downloaded the macOS 10.14.6 using safe mode but now the macOS Catalina update is not showing up

it is still showing me only this and not the Catalina update what should I do now to download the Catalina update I have even tried downloading from the App Store but it is showing me this

and then after some time, it is showing this

pls help

My macOS Catalina update is not showing up and nor is it downloading please check and help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.