Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Music - playcount not updating

Is anyone else having the issue w/ Catalina and latest music app playcounts not updating? I'm also subscribed to Apple Music.

Playcount for a song is 0, play it, playcount is 1, close Music, open Music, playcount is back to 0.

Thx.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 9:46 AM

Is this with an Apple Music track or a track you added from elsewhere? I have had an issue since upgrading to Catalina that any Apple Music tracks the play count updates fine (although not always across devices, but thats another conversation!) but tracks I have added from a CD or elsewhere do as you report.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 9:46 AM in response to c_knaus

Is this with an Apple Music track or a track you added from elsewhere? I have had an issue since upgrading to Catalina that any Apple Music tracks the play count updates fine (although not always across devices, but thats another conversation!) but tracks I have added from a CD or elsewhere do as you report.

Catalina Music - playcount not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.