Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow/blue streaks pictures

Has anyone had this issue when taking pictures you get these yellow and blue streaks on some of your pictures? If so how was this fixed?

I recently got an iPhone XR from AT&T (2 months ago) and started noticing the issue after I take a picture. Before you take a picture everything looks great until you take the picture is when I noticed all these lines on most of my pictures.

I spoke with Apple tech support on 10/4 and they advised that I take my phone in to an Apple store for a tech to take a look at. 10/5 I walk in to my appointment to have my iPhone XR checked out and they recommended to replace the camera and so they did to fix the issue. At the store I didn’t notice any issues until later that night when I want to go have dinner at a restaurant and when I got home. I called Apple tech support again for yet another appointment. 10/11 I walk in to my appointment they recommend that it’s possibly a hardware issue so they would replace my iPhone XR at no charge to me. So I thought great that’s no problem. All weekend I didn’t have a chance to play with the camera until yesterday when I noticed the lines again!!

My IPhone 6S Plus doesn’t have these issues at all so I know my iPhone XR should not take pictures like this. It’s getting annoying have this happen very often.

How can I fix this or what can I do at this point ?

I am simply taking pictures for the native camera app with no filters applied, I don’t use any other 3rd party camera apps, I don’t have a case that covers the camera at all, the lens is clean and not smudged, never dropped the iPhone on the camera or anything.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 6:21 PM

That’s awesome!! Thank you figuring out a workaround! I’m and very happy to have these streaks removed.

On my camera I didn’t have the HDR option at the top but I did end up going to:

Settings > Camera & toggles off Smart HDR. This option turned on always used Smart HDR, so once it’s turned off, on your Camera you’ll be able to turn off HDR.

180 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2019 6:21 PM in response to Stanvalsi

That’s awesome!! Thank you figuring out a workaround! I’m and very happy to have these streaks removed.

On my camera I didn’t have the HDR option at the top but I did end up going to:

Settings > Camera & toggles off Smart HDR. This option turned on always used Smart HDR, so once it’s turned off, on your Camera you’ll be able to turn off HDR.

Oct 28, 2019 7:15 PM in response to Chrizztopher

I thought for a long time what the problem was, I tried different settings. My friend and I have the same problem on XR. The reason was in HDR mode. First you need to disable Smart HDR in the settings, and then in the camera itself, turn off the HDR button on top, then the bands disappear. This appeared after iOS 13. I think they will fix it later.

Jan 15, 2020 2:23 PM in response to yiorgosnj

I have had the exact same issue. Have tried wiping the phone, doesn't work. So far, disabling Smart HDR and HDR has fixed the problem.

However.... I bought this phone because I take a lot of pictures, and I have actually ended up using my Google Pixel which was cheaper and takes far better, issue free images.

1. I expect to be able to use this device fully, I am not able to. I don't expect this from Apple products and if I don't see a swift remedy on this from Apple, I will be returning this less than 1.5 year old handset back for a full refund (Consumer Rights Act 2015 (UK)) as it is not fit for purpose and Apple do not appear to have addressed this issue or provided any proper fix for it.

1. Secondly, I have stacks of images with these streaks which I am unable to remove from the image rendering them spoiled. Again, this is not what I expect from an Apple product. My issues started in October, at the same sort of time this thread was raised, this shouldn't be an issue, this needs to have been addressed by now.

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN RECTIFIED APPLE?

Oct 23, 2019 2:27 PM in response to Chrizztopher

Me too!! iPhone XR here It seems to only be certain lighting? It doesn’t happen all the time. I went around the room and happened when backlit from the bedside lamps. It also happened under our dining room table lamp.

I JUST updated my IOS two nights ago and then this suddenly started happening. Hopefully they’ll have a fix for it STAT!! Unacceptable!

Oct 23, 2019 6:48 PM in response to Eckymecky

i too expiercend the same i observed this in 13.1.2, did a lot of restoration through a apple tech support team help but nothing worked, hence i thought of taking it to a near by service center, next morning when i was out of my bed i had a update notification for13.1.3, thinking that this update would resolve the camera issue i had to update but i had to know apple again failed for $800 phone which didnt closse to a $100 phone here are my sample shots.

now my device is in the apple service center for this issue i awaiting a reply from them,

Dec 1, 2019 7:41 AM in response to Stanvalsi

I tried turning off Smart HDR as well as HDR mode on the camera and I’m still getting the streaks this morning so I do t believe this is the fix. When I called Apple they ran diagnostics and said it doesn’t appear to be hardware, especially since it only happens in the phone’s camera app- not in Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Since I’m up to date, they suggested a factory reset to see if there is anything “stuck” in the software.

It’s infuriating!

Jan 8, 2020 12:06 PM in response to karan57

I'm so cross with Apple's response to this. Like all of you I've got problems and I bought this very expensive phone to use instead of my camera. When it works it's fab - but it's ruining moments for me. I've got a really rubbish photo of my two boys meeting santa, which can't be replicated. I thought it was only happening in low light indoors with artificial lighting but it appears it's outside too - see picture attached. Completely naturally lit. ARRGGGHHH!! Hurry up Apple!

Yellow/blue streaks pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.