Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ shows keep looping back!

I have an Apple TV 3 and I started watching See and it seamlessly repeated a scene without me touching anything and the subtitles subsequently went out of sync. I tried to watch For All Mankind and it did the same looping back and this time the audio went out of sync? I have the latest update on my box. Anyone experiencing similar? I’ve never had such things happening whilst streaming on any other service before?

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 4:52 AM

49 replies

Nov 4, 2019 3:12 PM in response to Levelbreak

ok See went smoothly today and the first episode of Dickinson, but For All Mankind is a mess! Every few minutes it either loops back the visuals or the audio a few seconds and goes completely out of sync! It’s incredibly frustrating as it the one I really want to watch!! Also as an aside the next episode of whatever your watching, doesn’t automatically start when the current one has finished like all other streaming services do. If I had paid for Apple TV+ I would be very disappointed.

Nov 14, 2019 7:50 AM in response to mexica72

I am still experiencing the same issue with For All Mankind a couple of weeks later. Apparently, we are either an insignificantly small group experiencing this problem or Apple is just not taking any action to correct.

I keep trying to watch For All Mankind but can only get one or two minutes into it before the audio goes significantly out of sync - not just be a second or two, but by minutes. After a couple of more minutes it will loop back to some previous point, and the audio will still be out of sync.

I initially thought it must be a problem on my end, but hearing others are having the same problem seems to suggest otherwise.

I experienced a similar problem with SEE, but only once or twice. I was able to watch the entire first episode.

I haven't tried any other programs - don't have the time to fool around with this. Not a great start to the service if Apple is trying to get me to subscribe.

Nov 14, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Bevans2

I resorted to streaming it from my iPhone using airplay which works pretty well apart from losing audio on two short occasions. By the way the show is excellent and the apollo 15 launch really got me mainly down to the beautiful music during the montage, which I had to Shazam, which is The World Song by Petula Clark, such a lovely song been humming it all week!!

Dec 3, 2019 11:55 PM in response to stu180

My streaming app Apple TV + is possessed.

looping.

Stuck.

Painful.

The supernatural thing here is this: The problem first occurred while watching episode one of "For All Mankind", during the exact scene where Mission Control looses contact with the Moon-Lander and they suspect that it has crashed into the moon. Suddenly the TV show started to loop, implode and repeat, whilst the sound dropped in and out -- and I thought; this is a really avant-grade show, capturing exactly the confusion and sound delay that might occur whilst loosing communication with a manned mission to the Moon... But is wasn't was it!!

Dec 4, 2019 3:26 AM in response to mexica72

Have you open a case at Apple Support. I did and they still have not send the info to the engineering. The issue happens with the Apple TV 3 RD generation ( silver remote) It works fine on a 4tg gen Apple TV. My turn around was to watch on the laptop using the tv.apple.com and casting to a Chromecast..... shameful for Apple. If you and others open a case in the support it will show as statistics ....

Dec 4, 2019 3:27 AM in response to stu180

Have you open a case at Apple Support.?

I did and they still have not send the info to the engineering. The issue happens with the Apple TV 3 RD generation ( silver remote) It works fine on a 4tg gen Apple TV. My turn around was to watch on the laptop using the tv.apple.com and casting to a Chromecast..... shameful for Apple. If you and others open a case in the support it will show as statistics .

Dec 6, 2019 6:58 AM in response to mexica72

Same thing happens to me. Looping scenes, out of sync audio/video, or freezing every couple of minutes. Network connection is fine as iTunes purchased movies and Netflix and Prime etc apps stream flawlessly, Gen 3 Apple tv with the silver remote. Tried resetting and still had issues. Very frustrating. I’ll open a ticket as well to try to bring more attention to this.

Dec 10, 2019 7:57 AM in response to Soninha Loves IpadII

Well, I didn’t get the call I was expecting, but I may have stumbled upon a fix while prepping for the call. I did a ‘Reset All Settings’ and chose yes to allowing Apple to collect data (I had said no before) and it’s running smoothly now (no downgraded video, looping, or out of sync audio). I wonder if Apple corrects itself on the fly with collect data enabled. Anyways, give it a try and see if it fixes the issues at your end. Hope it helps.

Dec 14, 2019 12:20 PM in response to FrenzyBoy

Mine was already with the option of sending info to Apple as when the Support call me they ask me to do that.

today it is worse.... there is no subtitles in Portuguese, but Intried in English and it is still with the loop starting at minute 6:10.

intried to use the acessibilty menu and used the caption provided and it worked at least once....

it is clear that the subtitles is the root cause....

I scheduled a call for Saturday but the Apple support called me two days before....so I guess the problem will continue to be ignored....

Dec 21, 2019 4:14 AM in response to FrenzyBoy

I have had the sound/image out of sync issue a couple of times in the past. But yesterday it was looping like crazy and sound out of sync. I ended up watching on my iPad. I have just powered off the unit and will see what happens later. Good advice here, but don’t want to mess around if the family is watching something. Finished The Morning Show, See, and am caught up with Servant. I guess I will have to start another series to see if it glitches again.

Apple TV+ shows keep looping back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.