Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get booklet feature to work in Word for Mac

I am using Word for Mac v 16.16.3 on a MacBook.

I am trying to make a booklet. I followed these steps:

1. Created a new document
  2. Went to Layout > Margins > Custom Margins > Multiple Pages: Book Fold
  3. I laid out my booklet

It looks great on the screen, like this:

The trouble is when I try to print. I followed these steps:

1. Go to File > Print
  2. Go to Layout
  3. Choose Two Sided: Booklet
  4. I go to save as PDF, or Print, or Open in Preview and the output looks like this:

I have tried to adjust everything in Page Layout or Print settings I can think of and I can't get it to work. Even if I copy the whole thing unformatted into a new document it still does this. It's driving me crazy.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 7:43 PM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2019 12:38 PM in response to katy_medley

Greetings, katy_medley!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having issues printing a booklet with Word on your Mac. I would check out this link to  Create a booklet or book in Word - Office Support and be sure you’re following all the proper steps to create the document to print.

If you continue to have issues, you can also check out this link to Book Fold document printing problem - Microsoft Community and this link to Word printing a booklet using a Mac - Microsoft Community for additional steps you can try.

You can also reach out directly to Microsoft Support for additional assistance.

Cheers!

Can't get booklet feature to work in Word for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.