Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone not receiving in app purchase receipts from Apple?

I get the confirmation email of purchase but although the email address is correct I don’t receive the receipt by email after several days. I know I can look at purchase history. However I need the receipts.

I know the email address in Apple ID is correct and I used to receive them but they have stopped. There is nothing in spam or junk. My ISP has not blacklisted the address. I do receive the confirmation of purchase from iTunes after the purchase but not the receipt.

I have spoken to support and they even looked at things remotely. They are still investigating.

Does anyone have this problem?

iPad Air, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 9:29 AM

Same with me. It started on or about November 1st, 2019. The receipt emails stopped coming for my iTunes purchases; iBooks, iCloud storage, apps, movies, TV shows, etc., from Apple. Of course I get my notice from my credit card (AmEx) that a charge has been posted by iTunes. The last email receipt I received from Apple iTunes was Oct 30th. Starting with my November 10th receipt I have had to go the my iTunes Account and look up Purchase History and click on the ORDER ID ####### and then hit Resend, to get the receipt to my inbox.

115 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Moisme1

Same with me. It started on or about November 1st, 2019. The receipt emails stopped coming for my iTunes purchases; iBooks, iCloud storage, apps, movies, TV shows, etc., from Apple. Of course I get my notice from my credit card (AmEx) that a charge has been posted by iTunes. The last email receipt I received from Apple iTunes was Oct 30th. Starting with my November 10th receipt I have had to go the my iTunes Account and look up Purchase History and click on the ORDER ID ####### and then hit Resend, to get the receipt to my inbox.

Jan 1, 2020 9:59 AM in response to Moisme1

Same here.

I'd like to add that in case you're using multiple Apple IDs, you may not be able to access either iCloud storage receipts or Mac App Store receipts, or even both. On a Mac, you can solve this by creating a new macOS account for each of the Apple IDs you use. Then, for each user:

1. Open iTunes or the Music app.
  2. Click Account in the menubar, then choose View My Account…
  3. Scroll down to Purchase History, then click See All.
  4. Find the item you need a receipt for, then click the Order ID.
  5. Click the Resend button.

Nov 24, 2019 9:44 PM in response to Moisme1

Same problem. It started around the end of October since the last automated email receipt I received was October 17th. If I resend the email receipt it shows up in my Inbox immediately.

This is also affecting iCloud storage purchase receipts, which as far as I can tell, there is no way to resend. Maybe that’s because I use a different Apple ID for iTunes and iCloud, but the issue is affecting both Apple IDs.

i contacted support and they were able to resend my iCloud purchase receipt. They also told me this is a known issue, but when I asked a few people if they were having this problem, they said no. I guess it’s affecting some, but no all.

Dec 2, 2019 12:02 PM in response to Moisme1

I am also not receiving receipts for purchases. I stopped getting them around 10/29/2019. I contacted Apple and they said it was my mail account. It is not. I have gmail with and the address is not blocked, filtered and the messages are not in SPAM. I resent my receipts myself from My Purchase History but I don't want to have to do this everytime. They basically have no answer.

Dec 3, 2019 11:43 PM in response to Moisme1

I have also the same problem since around 1st November. My wife though gets her monthly receipt with her ICloud account connected to the same VISA card. The difference is that she only has an IPhone (don't know which version at the moment) while I have en IPhone, an MocBook Pro and 2 IPads.

I also get her receipt to my email as they are Family Shared, but not my own. I also get other information on email from Apple so there doesn't seem to be some sort of filtering at my end.

I haven't spoken to support yet.

Dec 5, 2019 1:38 AM in response to Moisme1

Same here. Invoices stopped arriving at the end of Oct 2019. I've just been on with an Apple Support rep who manually triggered a resend of my last purchase (made this week, but I hadn't received an email), and it arrived ok. Her advice was to get in touch with my email provider and ask if they are filtering the Apple noreply address. I explained that my provider is Gmail so there's zero chance of talking to an actual human, and these emails were arriving just fine until the start of November, to which the reply was "ok! Perfect! Thanks for contacting Apple Support" *Disconnected*.

Dec 6, 2019 12:56 AM in response to Sasssysweeet

I was looking up the same problem here and came across this thread. I stopped receiving receipts as well about mid November of this year. I have not received any since, and that includes my iCloud storage which comes out the 5th, and my subscriptions such as Boomerang, and other purchased items from the App store, iTunes, etc.

I also have Gmail, and have checked / confirmed that nothing was blocked, and nothing had gone into spam.

I also checked my communications preferences on the appleID site, and while I have everything under Messages from Apple turned off, I didn't see any indication those settings were connected with purchase receipts, especially since it had been working all along. I have not contacted Apple about this, as I wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end first. Looks like this isn't an isolated issue. Has anyone here heard anything from apple about a resolution? Would be curious to know.

Thanks.

Dec 7, 2019 11:50 AM in response to iFrog41

I am having the same problem - no email receipts after October 2019 - I thought it was me until I read everyone's comments. My email is hotmail.com so it is not a gmail problem. This is typical for Apple everything working fine and then they break it and do not take the blame - by doing this the problem never gets fixed. UGH Apple...

Dec 9, 2019 1:45 AM in response to Sasssysweeet

Hey all, I wanted to ask a couple questions regarding this problem to see if anyone else experienced the same or similar prior to this problem. In my case I pay USD $4.99 a month for a Boomerang subscription. I had originally been paying through Roku, but changed it to iTunes. Anyway, it had been working fine until last month (receipt, billing, etc.). Right before I stopped receiving my receipts, I noticed that my bill for the Boomerang subscription was slightly higher then norma, not a huge difference, but a few dollars. Usually I get charged a flat $4.99, that's what shows up on the bank site, and in the receipt. Last month I was charged $5.21 and didn't get a receipt. I checked the subscription price, and it hasn't change. The other thing is, all other purchases have been the expected amount. I am wondering if there is more then the receipt problem going on here as this happened right before I quit getting the receipts. Also note, I didn't get any kind of notification of a price change.

If anyone else has experienced similar, since this problem surfaced, please speak up.

Dec 9, 2019 4:11 PM in response to Moisme1

Not received any emails or receipts since October 2019 for iTunes & App Store purchases. None for iCloud, app purchases & only ones I have gotten Apple Care+ Receipts for new purchases on new devices bought after October 2019. Major problem since I have Apple credit card & iTunes pass & don’t know until I see amount available is different. Then I need to search for what caused difference in amount available. I do not purchase a lot & check amounts available daily. I did completely miss the fact I had not received receipts from Apple for these purchases. It’s bad with Apple credit card being new to have problems with receipts from purchase made in iTunes & App Store, for iCloud etc..

Anyone not receiving in app purchase receipts from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.