Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods no longer pass ear tip fit test

So, all of a sudden no matter what I do I can not get the AirPods pro to pass the ear tip fit test, even though they were set up with and I have been using the medium tips. They seem to be providing noise cancellation but they just don’t pass the test anymore. I was able to use them on a three hour flight yesterday with success, they just don’t get pass the test. Anyone seen this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:32 PM

That’s ok saying that. But at £250 this simply shouldn’t happen. Or at the very least Apple should release an official response if this is a known problem. Used my new AirPod pros for 5 days without a problem then all of a sudden I can’t get a seal. And I can hear a reduced performance.

6 replies

Dec 6, 2019 2:01 PM in response to MrBill3

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't going to accept that since I tried all the tips and they had been working after I settled on the mediums. All was well initially for the first two weeks. Then, they BOTH just stopped passing the fit test. And when my 'old' Bose QC35's were working better at NC I knew there was an issue, because, in my testing, the AirPod Pros are better than the Bose. I Actually just got back from the Apple store where they replaced the AirPods Pro. There was definitely an issue with the noise cancellation process which I suspected was the case. The strange thing is, that the NC was partially working, but not the initial rich NC experience I first had out of the box. I would have expected it to have failed completely, but it just goes to show you how sophisticated the technology in these things are. I'm a happy camper now!

Jan 10, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Spider234

Not denying they are amazing little devices, I love the the sound quality when I'm playing music or listening to podcasts, but the ANC has been severely degraded in the latest firmware update:

I still love the sound however I used to be able to have them in with nothing playing and hear nothing in the busy office I work in. Now I hear everything, just muffled.

AirPods no longer pass ear tip fit test

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.