Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Window disappears when left shift button is pressed

Every time I use the left shift key on my 2017 MacBook Air, the window that I'm on disappears. The letter I want to capitalize does get capitalized but I have to push shift again for the window to appear. The right shift key doesn't do it. I've gone into system preferences and set the keyboard back to default settings and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 12:56 PM

Hi lexee176,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that the left shift key on your Mac is operating correctly.

I'm glad to help with this.

To determine if this is a hardware issue or is caused by software, I suggest you create a new, administrative user, and see if the issue happens there:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Take Care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 12:56 PM in response to lexee176

Hi lexee176,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that the left shift key on your Mac is operating correctly.

I'm glad to help with this.

To determine if this is a hardware issue or is caused by software, I suggest you create a new, administrative user, and see if the issue happens there:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Take Care.

Window disappears when left shift button is pressed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.