Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera is not available

Hi, I wonder if someone can help! The camera on My MacBook Pro (2018) was working fine and now it says it is not available in facetime asking for connecting a camera. Photobooth has the same issue within it. How can this be fixed, if at all?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 5:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2020 10:28 AM in response to kramtwo

Hello kramtwo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your MacBook Pro camera doesn't work with FaceTime and Photo Booth. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, make sure that your Mac has the latest software version.

How to update the software on your Mac

If the issue persists, try testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the camera is still unavailable, test the issue in a newly created administrator user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Camera is not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.