Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some keys on Logitech slim combo keyboard for ipad pro not working

The apostrophe, &, \ backslash and < keys did not work after I updated to OS 13.4.  I called Apple support (I told Apple support this started after I upgraded to 13.4) and they had no fix for my problem. They suggested I buy a new keyboard since mine is out of warranty or call Logitech to see if they would replace the keyboard. Luckily, I went on Logitech's community and found the fix. Go to your iPad settings—general. Click on “Keyboard” and change the setting from “Automatic” to “English” or in my case English—ABC extended. Now the keys work. It will save you from buying a new keyboard and a lot of time with Apple support.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 12:52 PM

I found an additional tip for this, and now "Automatic" works!

Accessibility Warning: If you have motor accessibility needs that require you to "activate" accessibility shortcuts with the space bar, I'd suggest having someone with you to assist if anything breaks during these steps.

Here are the steps:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap "Accessibility"
  3. Under "Physical and Motor," tap "Keyboards"
  4. Tap "Full Keyboard Access." Yours may be set to "Off," but continue anyway!
  5. Tap "Commands"
  6. Under "Basic," you'll see that "Activate" is set to "space." Remove it.
  7. Check to make sure "space" is nowhere else on the page.

You should now be able to switch your keyboard (under General -> Keyboard -> Hardware Keyboards) back to "Automatic" with no issues.

I'll report back if anything changes!

Reference: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251573108

170 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Chrisipad1218

I found an additional tip for this, and now "Automatic" works!

Accessibility Warning: If you have motor accessibility needs that require you to "activate" accessibility shortcuts with the space bar, I'd suggest having someone with you to assist if anything breaks during these steps.

Here are the steps:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap "Accessibility"
  3. Under "Physical and Motor," tap "Keyboards"
  4. Tap "Full Keyboard Access." Yours may be set to "Off," but continue anyway!
  5. Tap "Commands"
  6. Under "Basic," you'll see that "Activate" is set to "space." Remove it.
  7. Check to make sure "space" is nowhere else on the page.

You should now be able to switch your keyboard (under General -> Keyboard -> Hardware Keyboards) back to "Automatic" with no issues.

I'll report back if anything changes!

Reference: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251573108

May 6, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Winemusic

I have experienced the same issue with multiple keys not working. I changed the hard keyboard layout, then they work for however long until the next iOS update, sometimes for as short as a few days. Currently, no matter what keyboard configuration I choose, multiple keys don’t work.

Anyone know of a reliable/permanent fix for this? I was ready to reach out to logitech to have my keyboard replaced but it’s obviously a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Jan 26, 2021 5:03 AM in response to ryanfromathlone

Hi All,

Just to update. So after many many attempts I did the following. Btw I had done the "forget device" in my view dont do this.

1. Fully charged the slim combo
  2. reconnected after many many attempts finally it accepted the pin
  3. After Doing this and only then did the Hardware Keyboard show up as an option Before the keyboard was "Connected" I would not get this option.
  4. The I Could change to the British layout as many describe and Finally after many days of trouble shooting are my issues resolved.

May 11, 2020 10:37 AM in response to Chrisipad1218

Thank you! This was very helpful and quite a relief. I JUST bought a Logitech slim keyboard case today and was having the exact same issue with the same buttons.

Just to add to the solution, make sure you click "hardware keyboard" and change that from "Automatic" to "English (US)". Chaning the regular keyboard setting doesn't do anything.

Thank you though!

May 15, 2020 10:53 PM in response to Chrisipad1218

I had the same problem you describe where suddenly certain character keys stopped on my Logitech Slim Combo. Tried your cure and it worked. FANTASTIC! I though I had a dud keyboard except I never had a problem before. Apple cures some issues and creates issues. Thanks so much for your information. I really appreciate the effort you made to let others know.

May 20, 2020 5:57 PM in response to WombatMBP

I suffered with this issue for about 2 weeks! I tried everything to contact Logitech (NO RESPONSE!) as I did not realize it had to do with my iPad. I did notice it happened after an update. THANKS to this Apple support community who finally gave me the fix! I was told to change my Hardware Keyboard to ABC-extended instead of Automatic. That worked, too!!!! THANKS!!!!!

Some keys on Logitech slim combo keyboard for ipad pro not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.