Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Black screen how ti force restart

Ciao

my Wife iPhone X screen just turn completely black. The phone is on because when I call it ring, but I can’t answer an turn it off.

how can I restart it?

i also tried the combination volume up than down and holding the on button

no results

any suggestions?

iPhone X

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:52 AM

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ try this again and if still the same put it in Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Try Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎Full instructions in link...⬆︎⬆︎...Short info...⬇︎⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but when you do then the phone will be recognized...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 4:52 AM in response to Maxxon3

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support ⬅︎ try this again and if still the same put it in Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎

⬇︎⬇︎

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Try Recovery Mode...⬇︎⬇︎Full instructions in link...⬆︎⬆︎...Short info...⬇︎⬇︎

Connect your device to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

It may take a few tries to get into Recovery Mode but when you do then the phone will be recognized...

iPhone X Black screen how ti force restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.