Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time Sharing in Family Sharing shows a blank screen on Parent's and "Send Request" is missing on Child's..

I have the exact same problem described here and here, trying to figure out for days..

"Send Request" doesn't appear on child's iPhone, only "One more minute", "Enter Screen Time Passcode" and "Cancel".

Blank screen on parent iPhone's "Family Sharing/Screen Time".

Thought, it could be because of the outdated ios, but updated to the current (13.4.1) still no luck

Clean-restoring from DFU mode and setting up from scratch didn't help either

Child's account correctly shows in Parent's, Ask to buy works fine, but no "Send

Request" button to ask for permission for each app

IMO, the problem is in one of these: 

1.When I was creating the child's account I've selected 13 years old, to be able to use my

child's existing email address and not to be bound by @icloud.com domain email. Then I've

requested to change the age to correct 12 y/o. This is a known trick described

online. Could it somehow glitched something in Apple?

Please help

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Got this figured out... Took a long time of phone support escalating and checking with the engineers..

Basically this happened because of the DOB change from 13 to 12 y/o. (at appleid.apple.com). Should have kept at 13...

You have to wait 10 days after the change and "shared features/screen time/off" won't lead to a blank screen anymore..

I've discovered that you have to wait an additional day for the "send request" be available on child's device during the off time/restrictions..

So either apple id @icloud.com, or any domain apple id with 13 y or older, or wait 10 days if you really want correct, younger than 13, age.

Also keep in mind that you can't take a child out of your account if younger than 13, so I'd put the year of birth incorrectly to make 13 y/o.

When I asked why is that way, the rep said that many online services, emails, etc have 13 as a cutoff age

Even though it took a lot of effort, but big thanks to the amazing apple phone support rep for solving this mystery and following up 10 days after to confirm.

..now, how do i modify my post a little bit?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 12:31 PM in response to MoonJ.

Got this figured out... Took a long time of phone support escalating and checking with the engineers..

Basically this happened because of the DOB change from 13 to 12 y/o. (at appleid.apple.com). Should have kept at 13...

You have to wait 10 days after the change and "shared features/screen time/off" won't lead to a blank screen anymore..

I've discovered that you have to wait an additional day for the "send request" be available on child's device during the off time/restrictions..

So either apple id @icloud.com, or any domain apple id with 13 y or older, or wait 10 days if you really want correct, younger than 13, age.

Also keep in mind that you can't take a child out of your account if younger than 13, so I'd put the year of birth incorrectly to make 13 y/o.

When I asked why is that way, the rep said that many online services, emails, etc have 13 as a cutoff age

Even though it took a lot of effort, but big thanks to the amazing apple phone support rep for solving this mystery and following up 10 days after to confirm.

..now, how do i modify my post a little bit?

May 13, 2020 9:37 AM in response to avagyan

Hello avagyan,

I understand that you are unable to set up Screen Time for your 12 year old child. I see you did several troubleshooting steps already to try to narrow down the resolution. Have you tried to set Screen Time up using another device? Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. I'm curious to see if it does the same thing on another device. If the issue still persists I would suggest to Contact Apple Support for next steps.

Have a great day!

Screen Time Sharing in Family Sharing shows a blank screen on Parent's and "Send Request" is missing on Child's..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.