Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS battery drain issue resolve in 13.5

I share my experience with iphone user and thanks to iPhone developer that issue resolve of battery drain. In 13.4.1 battery excessive auto drain but yesterday i install 13.5 and i found if i not use my phone so not a 1 percent down and in night battery percentage still the same till morning.

its good for battery health😀😀👏👌👍

Posted on May 20, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 6:25 PM

Well, I have also installed (13.5) on my iPhone XS... and the day I install since then my phone battery is draining like crazy, even I am not using and phone is on standby... battery drains in 1 hour (without use) 20%.

I have to charge my phone at least 3 times a day and at the end still kept on (LowPower Mode).

PLEASE, guys HELP me out in this with practical / positive solution ASAP.

PLEASE!!!

162 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 6:25 PM in response to Mihashmi

Well, I have also installed (13.5) on my iPhone XS... and the day I install since then my phone battery is draining like crazy, even I am not using and phone is on standby... battery drains in 1 hour (without use) 20%.

I have to charge my phone at least 3 times a day and at the end still kept on (LowPower Mode).

PLEASE, guys HELP me out in this with practical / positive solution ASAP.

PLEASE!!!

Jun 10, 2020 7:59 AM in response to ChaletNoddy

ChaletNoddy wrote:

I presumed for a long time that Apple would be paying attention to these posts - very disappointing :/

You have lots of avenues for letting Apple know about the problem. You can contact them directly using the Contact Support link at the upper right of every page. You can (in many places) walk into a store and talk to them. You can submit feedback to the Feedback page.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jun 22, 2020 5:15 AM in response to Mihashmi

Hi Guys,

Ok... I have found another solution for now which actually works way to prevent our phones battery storage draining and fix the charging issues not increasing or stuck on 75-80%.

Please do let me know if this helps!

• PLEASE (Turn Off) permanently this option (screenshot attached) and after put your phone on charge till its 100%.
  • Once its 100% please keep using your iPhone without putting on (LowPower) mode till battery reached to 10%.
  • On 10% put it back to charge.

May 22, 2020 7:26 AM in response to Mihashmi

Thanks for update. I think some leak with Siri that Siri or Bluetooth stay activated overnight. It would be really nice if Apple would highlight the Bugs they fix. All of these suggestions were pretty bogus. I was having the same issues. Overnight I was losing sometimes 50% of the charge. I just updated to 13.5. I turned Siri back on and I only dropped about 5%. Things look much better. Battery health is 89. iPhone se gen 1.

May 25, 2020 1:57 AM in response to Mihashmi

Great for you. your problem solved.

I upgrade my iPhone 7 to 13.4.1 and battery start to drain fast just within an hour of normal use. Just upgrade to 13.5 the other days. OMG still the same problem and getting worse. sometimes can just see the battery from 100% going down 1% ever 15 - 30 seconds. Then phone will just went dead.. try to reboot battery just empty... plug in the charger reboot the phone and battery shows at least 60% to 70% full...

Try to use the iPhone after battery charges to 100%.. still same problem happens.. almost giving up and thinking of looking at getting a Samsung to replace the iPhone 7.

May 28, 2020 5:55 AM in response to ChaletNoddy

Guys, we need to change the subject of this whole discussion...

it says currently (iOS battery drain issue resolve in 13.5)... which i believe is very confusing to all of us when we receive email and sees that subject.

its NOT resolve. Anyone knows who to change that subject??? If anyone knows please do change it.

comments & Thoughts Are Opened!

May 28, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Mihashmi

I disagree and it appears about 48 others in this thread. My iPhone xs has been draining the battery very quickly since this update and there is clearly something wrong. One of the posts suggests we change the subject but I think we should keep on this so it rises to the level of a response from our friends at Apple on it. It would be good to know if an update to fix this is being considered or worked on.

May 28, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Mihashmi

My experience is the opposite. The battery is draining 2 or 3 times faster compared to iOS 13.4 so I'm hopeful Apple is working on a fix. I wonder if it's the Bluetooth set up for the contact tracing. There isn't an app for that yet so maybe the phone is continuously searching for that, or, our iPhones are being tracked by Apple in a different way that affects performance.

May 28, 2020 10:24 AM in response to yeat1995

Hmm... this makes sense!

if it's the Bluetooth set up for the contact tracing... (COVID). There isn't an app for that yet so maybe the phone is continuously searching for that, or, our iPhones are being tracked by Apple in a different way that affects performance.

And what I was suggesting to change the subject to (NOT RESOLVED)... instead of its saying resolved... cause it’s NOT and we all are still discussing the possible issue!

Thoughts Of Guys ?

iOS battery drain issue resolve in 13.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.