Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina versus photos

I updated to Catalina 10.15.5 last night and now my photos library is messed up. I can't access "photos" anymore - only the "Memorys" (I have never created) or the places or favourits. Any idea how to make it user friendly again and find photos in the chronological order as before? thanks for any tipps

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:08 PM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2020 6:17 AM in response to julica

Which model is your Mac? You may have to revert to Mojave if your Mac does not support Photos 5.0 well. (Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Atbalsts)

The "Photos" tab seems to require the advanced features of the graphics card, which may be missing on older Mac models, depending on their graphics card.

One of the things that Safe Mode is doing is disabling the advanced features.

See: Photos on Catalina: If the Photos View vanishes from the sidebar, check if the Mac is in Safe Mode - Apple Community

Jun 24, 2020 12:05 AM in response to julica

What are you using to access "photos"? If you're using the Photos app, in the left sidebar directly above 'Memories' there is the name 'Photos'. Click on that and you should see all your pictures, with control buttons across the top from where you can choose 'Years', 'Months', 'Days' or 'All Photos', the latter sorted by capture date.

If you're looking into the file structure using Finder or similar, you risk irreparably damaging the Library, so avoid doing that.

Stephen

Catalina versus photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.