Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud apps fail to sync

Out of the blue my *non-Apple* apps are failing to sync between iPhone and iPad. I ensured both devices are properly signed in to the same appleid. I rebooted both devices. I checked my wi-fi speed. All is ok. I can type a note (notes.app) and see near instantaneous sync of characters typed. However, on any *non-Apple app* (e.g., ByWord) which is using iCloud the sync takes up to 20 minutes and, even then, I am presented with a forced choice to choose between different versions of the file. This never happened before! Smooth quick sync used to be the habit! (iOS/iPadOS 13.6.1, iPhone 11 Pro ca. 2019, iPad Mini 4 ca. 2016)

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 8:03 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 31, 2020 1:40 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for your response, zinzcef.

I hesitate to sign out of iCloud, because of the slow grunt-work of reload after signing back in (BTDT), but I’ll do it if it comes down to that. Meanwhile, as you suggest, I will turn off-then-on iCloud for each affected app in turn to see if it helps. Maybe (as sometimes happens with Photos) iCloud was simply overwhelmed at the time updating something. (I did install a huge PDF of a stock broker account statement PDF into Notability.) We’ll see what happens.

Again, I thank you.

iCloud apps fail to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.