Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus battery drains rapidly

When i charge my iPhone up to a 100%, immediately i start using it. The battery drains rapidly from 100 - 60 and when i stop using the phone and leave it at 60%, i usually find it at 50% or less the point is even if I’m not using the phone the battery drains.

From updating my phone from 12.3.1 to 12.4.8 and it’s still the same

help please

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 9:30 AM

As far as charging your battery, see this user tip:--> When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

As far as your battery status, check Settings>Battery>Battery Health.

What is your battery maximum capacity percentage?

Regards

Giulio

10 replies

Sep 8, 2020 9:28 AM in response to Gabrielbs

Hi,

• what do you mean when you say "rapidly"?
  • do you follow the general tips to optimise the usage of your battery?

--- > https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

--- > https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201264

• Have you just verified the battery health informations? Settings > Battery > Battery Health

---> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208387

If battery health has degraded significantly, the below message will also appear:

Your battery’s health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…

Sep 8, 2020 11:22 PM in response to Gabrielbs

Since you have downloaded the latest iOS update for your phone (iOS 12.4.8) & the issue is still happening, there may be possible issues with the battery or the battery needs to be replaced.

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, if the Maximum Capacity is below 80% then the battery needs to be replaced.

Otherwise backup & restore your phone as new, check the following:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After restoring & setting up your phone, observe your phone for 24 hours & if the issue is still happening then you need to get the battery replaced & bring it to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service provider. Book an appointment on getsupport.apple.com or use the Apple Support app.

Sep 8, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Gabrielbs

Its not good for your phone's battery to charge it fully. When you charge it fully, it drains faster. Its recommended to keep your phone between 50 and 70 percent charge when you charge it. And also, when you leave your phone unattended, its reccomended that you close all apps completely. To do this, (Older iPhones with home buttons: Double tap home button and swipe up on app screens. Newer iPhones without home button: Swipe up then swipe to the left (DONT LET GO) then swipe up on app screens.) Because the apps that are open could be draining your battery.

Flyguy1982

iPhone 6 Plus battery drains rapidly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.