Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option for user to turn off notification of clipboard (one app pasted from another app)

Hi, Apple team, my new iPad Pro 2 has just updated to iOS 14, I found you added a new feature that displays “one app pasted from another app”, which is probably the new privacy transparency you are striving for, however this to me seems more annoying than being useful. I am a focused and productive person, when I am working or learning in front of my iPad I like to concentrate on what I am doing instead of frequently disturbed by this notification which has nothing to do with the stuffs I am working on. Can you please give the user an option to turn this clipboard notification off? Thanks.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:11 AM

I just got iOS 14 and this is driving me absolutely ducking insane. Seriously I will buy android next time if there is no way to turn this off. What the actual **** was Apple thinking? It serves zero purpose and is permanently in the way. Who asked for this nonsense? Like literally which users asked for this?

121 replies

Sep 24, 2020 8:31 AM in response to michael_ma1981

Hello michael_ma1981,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that when copying content you are given a notification that text has been copied. Are you using the Universal Clipboard to copy content from one device to another? If you are not, then maybe disabling Continuity for the Universal Clipboard would help.

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Nov 2, 2020 5:34 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I do not need a bothersome message obstructing my sight that tells me something pasted from something else. Get rid of this or give us the option to turn it off! Jeezus, how does Apple manage to take a step back with every updates and every new product?! I NEED to see the search bar. I DO NOT need to see the same message over and over and over telling me that something was copied or pasted!! Yeah!! I already knew because I’m the one doing it!

Nov 6, 2020 7:05 AM in response to ULLArchitect

ULLArchitect wrote:

Notice how no Apple rep or developer is acknowledging or replying? Silence = guilt

Other than the Apple Moderators, who monitor conduct and adherence to the ASC Terms of Use that govern participation within these Support Communities, Apple technical staff do not participate in these user-to-user technical forums. Participants here are all end-users, just like you.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and feature requests via their product feedback pages. Here is the iPad feedback page:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Jan 15, 2021 4:21 AM in response to Boog81

I've directly complained to Apple by phone and in writing, even opening a ticket about it, several times. I was told (true or not, who's to say...) my complaint was forwarded to engineering and they said it's for privacy reasons 🤦🏻‍♀️ and, for now, we have to deal with. Maybe they'll fix it in another update, they said. Uh huh. 🙄

I recommend every single person who gets my response here to write a complaint to Apple https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html and if you have the time, call them, too.

[Edited by Moderator]

Nov 17, 2020 12:04 PM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I don’t believe the OP mentioned between 2 different devises. What we’re discussing is copying & pasting within one device. For example: If we copy text from Facebook & paste it into Twitter, on the same device (iPhone, iPad), there is a popup bubble that appears at the very top of our screen that would say “Twitter pasted from Facebook.” (SEE PHOTO) Since we know where it was from (since we’re doing it), we find it annoying & would like to be able to turn these popups off.

Thank you.

Option for user to turn off notification of clipboard (one app pasted from another app)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.