Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Capture Outside the Frame

After update to IOS 14 I didn’t see option Photos Capture Outside the Frame in my camera settings. So how it work now?

Thanks x

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 2:22 PM

I’m really annoyed about this. I brought my phone mainly because I could use the outside the frame feature - I’m keen on photography. It has now been removed. Furthermore the photos I wished to edit with this feature have lost this detail. I feel cheated. There was no indication this functionality would go with my acceptance of the iOS 14 update.

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 2:22 PM in response to Strexet

I’m really annoyed about this. I brought my phone mainly because I could use the outside the frame feature - I’m keen on photography. It has now been removed. Furthermore the photos I wished to edit with this feature have lost this detail. I feel cheated. There was no indication this functionality would go with my acceptance of the iOS 14 update.

Nov 5, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Credog

Support staff at apple are not aware or able to do anything, and there is no way to downgrade from IOS 14 as apple has quit writing all support for iOS 13.7. It was suggested to but a new or used phone running iOS 13, not an option in my opinion.

I did get an email address to send in feedback to apple. If enough people do it maybe they will add the Capture the photos outside the frame back.

www.apple.com/feedback/

Nov 16, 2020 1:38 PM in response to Vanaamari

Really angry that Apple took away the view outside the frame feature on 11 promax. It made editing good pictures to great pictures so much easier.

Apple support people have no clue why it had to go, nor did they know about it. It makes me wonder if the upper echelon simply do away with something randomly.

I have another year to pay on my phone and I now feel cheated by Apple.

Not a good feeling , I am sure it will impact my future decisions of ever buying from Apple again!

Dec 5, 2020 6:51 PM in response to Vanaamari

The ability to capture outside the frame with every shot was one of my favorite features on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. It let me go back and edit photos to include more of the background.

Having upgraded to iPhone 12 Pro Max, I am very disappointed and frustrated to find this feature is gone, and I'm seriously considering returning the phone and switching to a phone with iOS 13. Please bring back the ability to capture outside the frame!

Dec 11, 2020 1:48 AM in response to Vanaamari

hahaha, just stumbled on this post after a disappointing chat with support. I had enabled this in iOS 13, and initially thought it a good idea, but I sync to Dropbox and got tired of all the doubled images, one slightly wider.

Fast forward, now I'm on iOS 14.2, and tried shutting it off. Nope, no way to do it. Had to reset all settings, which is kind of a PITA.

So they didn't disable the actual feature, just removed the button to toggle it on or off ;)

Photos Capture Outside the Frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.