Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Bug Report: Cannot select email Alias in iOS 14

Updated to iOS 14 and now I cannot change which email alias my emails are from. I can see all my aliases in the drop down menu, but when I select a different alias, even though it displayed that the email will be from my chosen alias, it sends it out from one specific alias every time.

I've temporarily worked around this by disabling the email alias that my phone defaults to but would like to see this iOS 14 bug fixed so I don't have to log in from my PC to enable or disable the alias to use it.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:52 AM

15 replies

Sep 29, 2020 11:11 PM in response to phcpao

I am observing the same class of problem. I am using Yahoo mail and have multiple sender addresses associated with that account. The address that I select is not the address that is used (this problem just started for me yesterday).

I deleted my address except for one and then it was correct. I then re-added on of the send only addresses. Now if I select address A, it is sent from B and if I select address B it is sent from A. :-(

Sep 30, 2020 8:09 PM in response to phcpao

For some reason, I cannot mark more answers as helpful.

But, we seem to see the same problem with Yahoo, Google and Apple's own iCloud mail. Therefore, it is more likely to be an iOS bug (probably in the Mail app, but maybe at system level). I did chat with Yahoo and they don't think it is there problem, and seems unlikely given the above.

I too reported the bug, but is there anything else to do to bring to Apple's attention?

iOS 14 Bug Report: Cannot select email Alias in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.