Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of the Sleep/Wake up section in Alarms; came with ios 14.

So the Sleep/Wake up section on my alarm page.

I have never used this facility and never plan to.

With ios 14 it has appeared at the top of my alarms and I want it gone.

A search of this page suggested when it happened with ios 13, just go into General and do a reset, this didn't work with ios 14. Anyone know how to get rid of that piece of junk I don't want?

There isn't a Sleep/Wake up option on the bottom toolbar to enable me to remove it, as noted in posts about 13.

I went into Health but as I had never set anything, there was nothing to undo and there appeared to be no 'remove' button

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 5:48 PM

Hey Apple - It's not enough to turn off the alarm. I want the whole Sleep/Wake Up section GONE from the alarm screen. At a bare minimum, I should be allowed to move it to the bottom of the screen. Congratulations, you have created a feature that will ANNOY ME EVERY DAY!

50 replies

Jan 26, 2021 5:51 AM in response to Gregory MOW

Apple: Please allow people who pay a large sum for your phones to manage their own alarms in the Sleep wake function.

ie Please don’t control our phones by automatically setting an alarm thru the Health App!

I know you want to push us users to your Health App but Not giving us an ability to set our own alarm clock times is AWFUL CORPORATE BEHAVIOR!!!!!

Mar 24, 2021 7:17 PM in response to trudy234

This dictatorial attempt to "help" is so freakin' irritating!

It's not a great testament to Apple's direction that for the last few years, I have gone from anticipating new releases to dreading them, as I know I'll have to waste a bunch of time disabling/avoiding features looking for a reason for being. (aka solutions looking for problems)

Mar 26, 2021 8:28 AM in response to paulrobb

Our company uses iPhones. Several of us have struggled with the sleep cycles added to the phone. Music waking us up at unplanned times. We are now sleep deprived. Apple has invoked the law of unintended consequences. What was supposed to help rest better actually destroys the ability to get a decent night's sleep without piano music waking us before dawn. The browse button seems to turn this off, but then we cannot use the simple alarm clock to set a wake up alarm. When you try, it tells you to turn the sleep cycle back on in health.

If Apple is trying to get folks to switch to Android, they are well along the way with stuff like this. Hey, how about asking those of us who use these things before adding something we did not ask for!

Nov 4, 2020 3:00 PM in response to trudy234

This change in the Alarm section is kinda awful. I can't get rid of that sleep/wakeup/ health app BS. (I've tried seven times, both through the Clock app and the Health app). Now my regular alarm is "second" on the list. And changing it has now become more laborious...it was so nice and easy before...ugh.

Apr 5, 2021 6:38 PM in response to slingr

I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm for “workarounds“, but what most of us want it’s not a workaround, we just quite simply want it gone or the ability to turn it off. We never asked for it in the first place so why do we have it running down our throats?

Come on Apple will your finger out and get rid of it. You can always ask when we’re setting up the new iOS if we want to use the stupid feature and if people are that insane that they want to use it they can go ahead and set it up then!

Apr 6, 2021 3:19 AM in response to paulrobb

It’s unbelievable ain’t it? I mean that they can’t simply make it an on off sort of thing. I’ve been fighting for over a month to get my 4:35am alarm to STOP going off. I’ve tried everything, and yes, it’s not always obvious that you have a sleep cardiology set it off or whatever. Pretty certain I’ve turned off everything. I’ve resorted to literally turning down the sound & haptics all the way, putting the phone on vibrate (which really screws me in the event of an emergency phone call from my family in the middle of the night while I’m out of town with work), and even then I sometimes awaken at the barely sounding alarm (you can’t quite turn the volume completely off). I don’t know what was so bad about just toggling your differnt alarms on and off as needed like I’ve done for the last decade that I’ve owned an iPhone. I’d attach a screenshot but suffice to say EVERYTHING is ofF. And if it’s somehow “on” it’s turned itself on or otherwise decided that it’s “learning my schedule and doing me a favor”. So annoying that a $1200 phone does this.

The other annoying thing....soooooo annoyed that my phone is always playing music when I get in the car. Drives me nuts. Tried every work around on that too. Sometimes play podcasts or books just in hopes that I don’t have to hear music from my downloaded music that I may it may not be in the mood for. If I turn off airplay guess what...then navigation/directions dont come through the stripe as I would like. Unbelievable that Apple can be so utterly dis functional sometimes. I know they’re catering to these punk kids who want music blaring all the time 24/7...I mean just look at their commercials and such.

Jun 28, 2021 2:04 PM in response to sunshine757

So….as I’ve commented above…I’ve gone into sleep and tried to turn everything off as is possible. I recently did this again because I’m so **** tired of being awaken at 4:35am on my days off!!!!! Now..:I don’t usually turn my phone off too often. But…I did not too long ago and it seems like my 4:35 muster Alamein has not come on lately. I can’t be 100% sure but it MIGHT be worth opening up Sleep app and making sure there is no sleep schedule and then turning off and restarting your phone. I notice my music that annoyingly plays when connecting to my car radio….I deleted my music from device and even though I have celiac data disabled for iTunes/music it would STILL PLAY!!!!!! But once I turned the phone off and back on it seems to have solved that. Well…sucks that I can’t have music on my **** phone anymore. Growing to hate apple more and more…

How to get rid of the Sleep/Wake up section in Alarms; came with ios 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.