Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 6 not ringing on incoming calls

The watch just updated to 7.0.2 and is now not displaying incoming calls but it is able to make calls? I reset the watch and it is still not working....

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 7:48 PM

Anyone have CarPlay? I found mine stops ringing after a CarPlay connection (mine is wireless) until I reboot my phone - rebooting the watch doesn’t fix it & I only need to reboot the phone not both. After reboot it works fine until the next CarPlay connection.

155 replies

Nov 3, 2020 1:29 PM in response to ted7545

Just so we are clear, here is my expected behavior of Apple Watch;

Watch notifications for calls mirror iPhone before connecting to CarPlay

Connected to CarPlay no call notifications on watch

Disconnected from CarPlay, back to mirror iPhone

Here is what is happening:

Watch notifications for calls mirror iPhone before connecting to CarPlay

Connected to CarPlay no call notifications on watch

Disconnected from CarPlay, no call notifications on watch

If I reboot the phone after disconnecting from CarPlay Watch notifications for calls mirror iPhone

Oct 13, 2020 8:59 AM in response to ted7545

Check to ensure the Watch is not on silent. You did not say if the two devices are paired, or if you tried restarting both devices. I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.0.1 and just updated my Watch to watchOS 7.0.2 and am still receiving calls and call notifications on the Watch. Try resetting the iPhone and if necessary, unpair and repair the two devices.

Oct 13, 2020 2:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Interesting... Somehow the Watch notifications were off on the phone?! Turned on, restarted phone and watch, called phone and watch properly displayed the incoming call notification! However, called again and the watch does not display the notification... Have made repeated attempts without success. I will have to contact support. Thank you for the assistance!

Oct 24, 2020 1:22 AM in response to ted7545

I have exactly the same issue after updating to 7.0.2 on series 5 - tried to unpair, reset and still not working. All other notifications from telegram, viber, messenger even imessage and sms working, but call is only displayed and rings on phone or mac. I removed even passcode on watch - did not help. And it definitely stopped working after 7.0.2 installation

Nov 2, 2020 8:06 AM in response to ted7545

Ios 14.1 and watch os 7.0.2 5th gen is not notifying me as well for calls on my watch. I have missed multiple calls and facetimes. I have even restarted both devices and repair'ed the watch. Same issue persists. I have noticed it some even with texts.

Calls only show on the phone and I always use silent mode vibrate due to having a watch. Seems to be a update conflict that needs to be addressed asap.

Nov 11, 2020 3:06 AM in response to LightguyCA

Hi, I am in exactly the same stuation with you, i have wireless carplay and my watch 5 is not ringing for calls and restarting the phone fixes it until an unknown time ( until your post) I will check it if the Carplay is causing the issue which make sense for the randomless. I will post the result when done. Please let me know if you find a solution, reparing the watch not fixes it, and it is driving me crazy and also I dont want to restart my phone every time I get out of the car!!!

Apple Watch Series 6 not ringing on incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.