Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Capture Freezes in IOS 14

I take a lot of screen captures (photos not video) and email them. Never had an issue before. However, since IOS14 I'm getting a lot of lag and or freezing. I've tried everything I know of to rectify but continues to happen.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 11:16 AM

185 replies

Oct 24, 2020 10:43 AM in response to Brian Kushner

Howdy, Brian!

We understand that you're having trouble taking screenshots on your iPhone.

To start with, can you confirm for us that you're running the latest version of iOS 14? You can check by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

However, if you're still having issues after that, please learn more here about iOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and try some of those steps.

Let us know if this helps,

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Tino_H

Just wanted to check in and say that I am also having the same issues and have done throughout all the recent iOS updates, on an iPhone 11 Pro.

Sometimes my phone freezes completely when trying to send a screenshot, sometimes the screenshot edit screen doesn’t appear, but the screenshot will be in my albums, sometimes nothing appears then 5 jump on screen all at once. When I turn my phone on and off, the issues clears for a while, but soon returns.

Bizarrely my fiend with the same phone has never experienced any of this. What is going on here?

Example photo of when it freezes attempting to send a screenshot.

Nov 13, 2020 9:38 AM in response to Brian Kushner

I do a lot of screen shotting and sharing through iMessage and I have been having a ton of freezing issues now. I NEVER had this problem before iOS14. And I’m using an 11 Pro. Please stop asking ridiculous questions and forward this to the right people and get this fixed on the next update. Very frustrating buying a $1000 phone and having you guys sabotage (unintentionally) it with software (including worse battery performance).

Nov 15, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Brian Kushner

Yep, same thing happens to me. I waited for 14.2 to update my phone from ios13 because of all the glitches, and my phone has never been so ******. So disappointed in Apple products lately. I have been using Apple since they came out with phones and have never switched over. I feel like all these issues since iOS 14 sound like Android people problems, not Apple.

Dec 5, 2020 6:44 PM in response to Brian Kushner

I’m having issues with my phone freezing after screen shot. It freezes or doesn’t allow

me to use the share button. I’m having the same issue with sharing things for a website. Phone keeps freezing. Also on the iMessages I could just type the initials of the contact and it will take me directly to the iMessage change with that contact. Now it doesn’t even populate and instead I have to got to the add (+) to find the contact. List of issues with the new 14.1 update. It really *****. My phone is slow and I constantly have to restart it. I haven’t seen any solution on the community resource for this

Screen Capture Freezes in IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.