Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect my Apple TV to wifi without the remote control

Can I connect my Apple TV to wifi connection, if my remote control it’s not working? So I can be able to control the Apple TV with my iPhone

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 5:14 PM

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote app*.

The Apple TV (4th or 5th generation) should recognize the Apple TV Remote Control Center widget, or the Apple TV Remote app*, even without a remote.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

* The Apple TV Remote app from the App Store is no longer available in that store, but if you already have it, then it can still be used.

** The Apple TV Remote in Control Center works with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not earlier models.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 5:14 PM in response to muadh92

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote app*.

The Apple TV (4th or 5th generation) should recognize the Apple TV Remote Control Center widget, or the Apple TV Remote app*, even without a remote.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

* The Apple TV Remote app from the App Store is no longer available in that store, but if you already have it, then it can still be used.

** The Apple TV Remote in Control Center works with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not earlier models.

How can I connect my Apple TV to wifi without the remote control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.