Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max — poor battery life

Is anyone else experiencing poor battery life on their iPhone 12 Pro Max?

My battery is consistently draining 15-20% over night in idle with no background tasks, and 5G disabled. During the day I’m also experiencing poor battery life. I’ve never experienced such battery drain with an iPhone before. I’ve checked with other iPhones users and they drain approximately 1-3% drain per night and so I have no idea why it’s so extensive with the new model. I’ve spoken to Apple who have run remote diagnostics and apparently it all checks out.

Such a passive drain of the battery is affecting actual use time. I’ve reset the phone too, which hasn’t changed anything.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 12:39 AM

Similar questions

44 replies

Feb 27, 2021 8:55 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

if you keep it for an overnight charge your battery health will go poorer earlier than was expected of it and if you are not havin apple care you will end up replacing the battery at a considerable cost sooner. The battery performs best at less over charges & less over heat. Overnight charges are bad for all batteries does not matter iphone or other brands. You might want to see these threads to tweak it to last longer:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Mar 4, 2021 12:53 AM in response to bonny104

The best way to find out is to go to your battery health and see what is consuming your battery, you have tabs for “last 10 days” and “last 24 hours” there it will tell you what app or what activity of yours consumed the battery in %. It will also show which apps “background” is consuming battery. You might want to then disable backgrounds of app’s you don’t want them to be active. However’ after doing all this you might still consume more battery because of screen time. Tweak the best option for you. However, I still feel the 12 Pro Max battery is not that great or probably the latest update wrecked it. I have attached a photo sample view

Jan 10, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Rik08

When I’ve experienced drain, there is nothing at all running in the background and I’ve tried many things to determine what’s causing it, such as airplane mode, low data mode, switching to 4G only, hard resets - none of which actually seems to make a difference. I think the problem lies with the new modem . Friends and family who own older iPhone models don’t have the problem when using the same, latest iOS.

Mar 3, 2021 11:13 PM in response to bonny104

I had the same problem with the excact same storage space, but i do have some tips for you: turn On auto brightness or just don’t have it on max all the time no matter how much you want to, I keep it at about 40-60% brightness and that gives me about 20-40% more if you don’t use Bluetooth that often i reccomend turning off Bluetooth Even though it doesn’t extend battery life that much and you could also turn On battery staving mode or glose your apps after you use them if you’re not roing to use them right after. Hope this helps!

Apr 1, 2021 5:48 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I charge my phone at night and wake up with only half charge replenished. Example: I plugged my phone in at 10:45 pm last night and it only charged to about 30% by 6:15 am so I’ve kept it charging and now at nearly 9am it’s just above 50%.

I checked my charger and made sure it’s plugged in. It can charge my brother’s iPhone completely in about an hour or less.

Apr 1, 2021 5:56 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I disagree- the optimization charging prevents your phone from charging until you need to use it so unless that’s off, plugging it in does nothing.

Additionally, my mother is obsessed with plugging in her phone and charging to 100% all the time. Anything less than 90% means she needs to charge. Out of my entire family and friends who use iPhones, she’s had more problems with hers and has had to buy more phones due to bad battery.

iPhone 12 Pro Max — poor battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.