Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro won't charge using a USB C to USB C cable

Hi,

Yesterday my IPad Pro stopped charging via USB C to USB C cables. I tried four different cables, and checked that they all worked with my partners IPad Pro. I tried using a two different chargers and a USB C wall outlet. Also, all of these configurations worked with my partner's IPad. I very high watt charger with a USB C to USB C cable had the battery oscillating rapidly from charging to not charging. Then I discovered that USB C to USB A cables (multiple) plugged into wall outlets and chargers all worked.

I believe others have had this problem. I am curious whether there's a "home fix" since I'm not sure I want to take my iPad into a store right now. I tried the forced restart but that did not make a difference.

thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Same exact problem. I actually had an ipad pro under applecare that was replaced before christmas by apple. since then, the new one they gave me worked usb c to usb c fine until around the ios 14 update. So under 2 months later this happened. Today I can only charge usb a to usb c. I went back to the apple store and they verified this but only suggested I factory reset the ipad because "it must be a software issue". Nothing has worked and I am no longer under applecare.... very frustrating.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 9:37 AM in response to beki70

Same exact problem. I actually had an ipad pro under applecare that was replaced before christmas by apple. since then, the new one they gave me worked usb c to usb c fine until around the ios 14 update. So under 2 months later this happened. Today I can only charge usb a to usb c. I went back to the apple store and they verified this but only suggested I factory reset the ipad because "it must be a software issue". Nothing has worked and I am no longer under applecare.... very frustrating.

Jan 29, 2021 8:30 AM in response to beki70

Hi beki70,

We understand that you're having some problems getting your iPad Pro to charge, and we'd like to help. It sounds like you've already done a lot of great troubleshooting on your own. To make sure we don't miss anything, can you let us know which AC adapter you tried? Was it the one that came with your iPad Pro? The resource below may help as well:

Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro

If your iPad won't charge

Please let us know what you find, and we'll work from there.

Have a great day!

IPad Pro won't charge using a USB C to USB C cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.