Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 4013 on ipad 7th generation

HI,

Yesterday my 12yr old's IPad (which is only 14 months old and in immaculate condition) suddenly had the Apple logo flashing on then off. On searching Apple help it was suggested to use USB lead from Ipad to a computer, log onto Itunes then update/restore the ipad. Well, I have tried several times, using different leads & computers but the same error message come up... 4013!!!!!

Today I even took to a computer shop for them to look at it, and they couldn't resolve either. As the ipad cost over £400, I expected it to last a good few years. Tomorrow I have Apple support calling me, but I doubt will resolve the problem.

Where do I go from here????? As the warranty is just out, will it be repaired for free?

All my daughter used it for was Roblox game, YouTube sort of things.

Any guidance from anyone would be great, as I really can't afford to purchase another. You would hope with the Apple name that it would last a good few years.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:58 AM

Cobblers1 wrote:

HI,

Yesterday my 12yr old's IPad (which is only 14 months old and in immaculate condition) suddenly had the Apple logo flashing on then off. On searching Apple help it was suggested to use USB lead from Ipad to a computer, log onto Itunes then update/restore the ipad. Well, I have tried several times, using different leads & computers but the same error message come up... 4013!!!!!
Today I even took to a computer shop for them to look at it, and they couldn't resolve either. As the ipad cost over £400, I expected it to last a good few years. Tomorrow I have Apple support calling me, but I doubt will resolve the problem.
Where do I go from here????? As the warranty is just out, will it be repaired for free?

Any guidance from anyone would be great, as I really can't afford to purchase another. You would hope with the Apple name that it would last a good few years.

Read here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Cobblers1

Cobblers1 wrote:

HI,

Read here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Cobblers1

ive exactly the same problem, 14 month old ipad hardly used then pow into a never ending boot loop - the 4013 error is a communication error eg the connection to the mac is stopped as the power runs out on the ipad but as soon as you try charging it is stuck in the loop and wont take a charge enough to allow it to restart

ive seen loads of 'fixes' on here from putting in the freezer to force it to charge to send for an out of warranty repair at 281euro - it seems to be really common yet there is nothing that apple are confirming other than - try a diff cable, its not the bleeding cable!!!!

disgusted that they are washing the hands of this! - cant visit a store since it was still under warranty due to covid travel restrictions in ireland and they wouldnt send me a 'box' etc and now here i am out of warranty and no longer their problem

im fuming

May 2, 2021 9:41 AM in response to barry_1176

My sons iPad is doing the exact same thing

14 months old

The lady at apple told me that they will send me a box to put the iPad in to send it in to be looked at.. asked her the price and she told me…starting at $249!!!! Wahhh are you kidding me right now!!!

This is ridiculous.. we don’t pay all this money for these devices for them to not work.. right now our kids aren’t in school and they need the devices to do school. My son now cannot do his school work due to this issue and I don’t have $400-$500 to go out right now to buy a new one.

super irritated at this point

error 4013 on ipad 7th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.