Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CNNGo not activating with Apple TV

Have an Apple TV 4K, OS v 14.4 and this past week it won't activate the app. I turn on the Apple TV and CNN asks me to activate. I enter credentials, it says activation was successful in my browser yet it does nothing in the app. Works fine on my Roku TV. everything is up to date, I've deleted the app, restarted the router, everything but to no avail.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 4:21 PM

70 replies

Feb 26, 2021 8:53 PM in response to pxgardiner

I am having the same issue reported in this thread on my Apple TV 4K (latest update installed)

1. delete CNN app
  2. re-install CNN app
  3. go to CNN app Settings and sign in with TV provider
  4. Sign in shows successful Activation with TV provider -Spectrum-
  5. get error when trying to watch Live TV indicating I am not signed in despite the fact that the Settings view shows I am indeed signed in and provider was activated

I tried the above sequence 3-4x. This is ridiculous, and not the first time this has happened. Previously, deleting the app, reinstalling and re-signing in worked. That is no longer the case.

Does anyone test their software/apps these days!!!

Feb 28, 2021 8:27 AM in response to pxgardiner

Try sending an email to AppleTV@cnn.com include all the info they ask for below.

If you are experiencing a particular issue, be sure you provide us with: 

• Your device model/generation
  • Name of TV provider (or whether you do not have one)
  • A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, along with photos/videos if you believe that may help

We ask that you please send us a follow-up email with the listed information if you haven't provided it in order to help further the troubleshooting process.

In the meantime, check out our FAQ’s page here.

Feb 20, 2021 10:00 PM in response to E_luxe

Same with me. Started about 2 days ago (Feb 18ish 2021)... both of my Apple TV’s signed out, and when signing back in I get “activation successful” on my browser and then nothing happens. Works still on my Roku device... works fine on the CNNGO App on my iPhone. FOX and other Go services working fine. Have deleted and re-installed Apple TV App with no luck. Have messaged CNN App support a few times with no reply. Meh.

App Version 2.10.3

tvOS 14.4 (18K802)

Model A1842 (64gb) 4th Gen

Mar 2, 2021 7:33 AM in response to E_luxe

same issue for me , It is march 2nd. Started about a week ago. Im like others here.

In toronto , on rogers.

I can activate but the activate cnngo page never works after successful activation ( the page never closes after activation )

I tried to contact ,rogers, then cnn ( nearly impossible !, and apple

Each and every one of them blames the other.

NOT HELPFUL!!!

It worked for years , then quit

Apple TV 4, lg tv .

The cnn go service works perfectly on my Mac from canada

Is there any solution as of yet???

Mar 4, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Johnnie53A

March 4th - Same continuing issue here, since I have auto update I can't confirm if its 14.4 related, feels that way.

No support from either of the emails; provider, cnn or apple.

Facts;

1)Seems Canada only based & not an IP specific issue since multiple Ip addresses from multiple providers

2)Not a provider issue since loging in from phone or ipad (in the same house) works fine

Since the browser acknowledges & authenticates, it feels like the ATV OS is not passing the authentication message to the app to unblock. Or for some less likely reason, CNN app is not properly listening for the approval.

#fail

CNNGo not activating with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.