Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 late 2015 auto restarts sometimes when it is iddle

I have this computer since 2016.

Recently under Mojave I realized that sometimes when I am away of it it reboots.

I upgraded to Big Sur and after some days the issue started again.

Sometimes when I am using another computer and I see it reboots by itself the reboot is not completed, it seems it is because a bluetooth problem: mouse pointer is held and keyboard is not detected.

So I have to hard reboot with the power button and then the system starts normally.

The problem info (panic kernel?):

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 3:25 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Mar 14, 2021 3:17 PM in response to Daniel Stonek

Hi there,

I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful app to diagnose issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Go to the Mac App Store and search for "EtreCheck."
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app; as it is on the Mac App Store, and only trusted apps can be submitted.
  3. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211. We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.
  4. Open EtreCheck, then go to the name "EtreCheck" in the top left corner > "Preferences" > "Privacy" > turn on "Allow Full Access to Startup Drive."

Also run Apple Diagnostics -  Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support Please post the Reference code when done.

Please post results of both!

Cheers,

Jack

Mar 15, 2021 2:49 AM in response to Daniel Stonek

You've got quite a list of external devices, I'd unplug them all and test to see of the panics persist. If they stop add them back in one at a time and test each one for a time to see if you can isolate the problem.

It looks like you’re also running two different fan control applications, you should look into that. Also make sure that the third party utilities you're running are all up to date.

Again, I have the same iMac, I never let it or put it to sleep because of sleep/wake issues like kernel panics. If you haven’t you should at least try that as a test.

iMac 27 late 2015 auto restarts sometimes when it is iddle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.