Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iphone in Mexico. How do a get a replacement sent here under the Robbery Insurance program

I lost my iphone in Mexico. How do a get a replacement sent here under the Robbery Insurance program

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:46 PM

OK......did you buy AppleCare+ Theft and Loss with the phone from Apple directly?

I ask these things because you can't use the plan in Mexico to get a replacement phone. And Apple doesn't ship phone internationally. So, you'll need to contact the insurer (Asurion is Apple's insurer) to file a claim, but it's unlikely they'll ship a phone to you in Mexico. You may need to wait until your back home in California.

See this link --> File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support

This only applies if you purchased AppleCare+ Theft and Loss. If you only purchased AppleCare+ theft and loss is not covered.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 2:46 PM in response to javancal

OK......did you buy AppleCare+ Theft and Loss with the phone from Apple directly?

I ask these things because you can't use the plan in Mexico to get a replacement phone. And Apple doesn't ship phone internationally. So, you'll need to contact the insurer (Asurion is Apple's insurer) to file a claim, but it's unlikely they'll ship a phone to you in Mexico. You may need to wait until your back home in California.

See this link --> File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support

This only applies if you purchased AppleCare+ Theft and Loss. If you only purchased AppleCare+ theft and loss is not covered.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.