Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact creation in contacts in big sur

Anybody else have this problem?

I go to create a new contact and I don't get past 2 fields and contacts closes the creation. Very consistently. Nothing is saved.

The work around is to create a shell contact on an iOS device, let it sync to OSX then I complete the contact on OSX.

Reboot not effective.

Cheers,

John

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:13 AM

Battery failure - Your battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed that could be adware and should be reviewed.

And

More than one antivirus app - This computer has multiple antivirus apps installed.

These two things are of great concern.

And there is the clincher... you have installed that **** cleanmymac...

The first thing is to completely uninstall this. Never let any program that claims to "clean", "optimize" or "speed up" your mac.

They are scams. And cmm is one of the worst.

Depending on what you did with it and how long you've had this, it is quite possible that it has already caused damage to your mac that only a clean install can undo.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 8:13 AM in response to John Mollick

Battery failure - Your battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed that could be adware and should be reviewed.

And

More than one antivirus app - This computer has multiple antivirus apps installed.

These two things are of great concern.

And there is the clincher... you have installed that **** cleanmymac...

The first thing is to completely uninstall this. Never let any program that claims to "clean", "optimize" or "speed up" your mac.

They are scams. And cmm is one of the worst.

Depending on what you did with it and how long you've had this, it is quite possible that it has already caused damage to your mac that only a clean install can undo.

Apr 16, 2021 11:38 PM in response to John Mollick

I would like to thank this daïs for the ideas. Here is, after empirically trying a few things, what solved the problem. On the OSX side, I disconnected the accounts from the cloud. iCloud email, contacts, etc. reconnected. Now contact app behaves correctly. Luis, I'll go through the report and remove the necessary. The battery will be replaced in a months time. I wish you all a good and sunny weekend.

Contact creation in contacts in big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.