Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to play Ted Lasso season 2 on Roku or AirPlay

Video Not Available

There’s a problem loading this video.

If this continues, check your internet connection.

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:27 AM

38 replies

Jul 28, 2021 5:20 AM in response to Faison-boy

Faison-boy,

Are both your iPhone and Roku all up-to-date? Does that continue after restarting both your iPhone and Roku per the steps in the following article? If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this particular behavior further: Contact Apple Support

Regards.

Jul 25, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Faison-boy

Hello Faison-boy,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with watching season 2 of Ted Lasso.

Are you able to watch other content on your Roku without any difficulties?

What device are you attempting to use with AirPlay?

Also, do you experience that behavior if you attempt to watch season 2 on another device?

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address this behavior.

Take care.

Aug 19, 2021 5:47 AM in response to Ranger375

Exact same problem. Roku support walked me through all the reboots and updates of both the device, network changes, apple app re-install, etc. They can’t seem to understand that if other content plays, it must be related to something in the app or specific episode. They blamed Apple, and here you guys seem to be blaming Roku. The poor user is stuck in the middle. What if I don’t want to watch Ted Lasso with a bunch of HDMI cables and an old stuttering laptop without the processing power to run 4K?

Would Apple Support please call ROKU and fix this? There are about 100 users here who have the same problem; that means thousands out in the world. It cannot be that hard to replicate and trouble shoot.

FYI, this happened with all episodes of “Physical” as well. In that case, we watched the first episode on an IPad on the same home network just fine. It turned out that selecting an episode on the ROKU like Episode 4 did not work, but if you let an like episode 3 run to the end and self-select the next episode in the chain, it worked fine. Some serious software glitches, guys.

DocV

Aug 21, 2021 7:54 PM in response to Faison-boy

I have checked my internet connection. The same problem has happened on my Apple TV 4k device - and only with the Apple TV+ content and does not happen with content from NetFlix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Paramount+, etc.

My network connection sustains 600Mbps but usually can burst to 900Mbps and the content needs less than 5Mbps

This seems to be a specific problem with content from Apple TV+

Sep 21, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Grandiflora

Apple TV should not risk Apple’s precious reputation for being, in my view, the best customer-focused company in (at minimum) the tech segment. Now someone who already watched much of Ted Lasso, arguably the best show across streaming and network platforms, says they are going to unsubscribe. They’re NOT willing, even, to drag a laptop, tablet or phone out to watch on the app.

Apple should be all over this.

Sep 21, 2021 6:57 AM in response to HJCS

I tried many streaming service devices and nothing worked. The only thing I was able to get to work was to by a $50 connector to use with my hdmi cord to connect the ipad mini to the TV.

Shame on you apple for not allowing my ipad to send the mirror image to theSony TV over blue tooth or wifi like all the other apps on the ipad mini does. I will not be a permanent subscriber. Once the shows I am watching are done, I will drop apple tv plus.

Not able to play Ted Lasso season 2 on Roku or AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.