Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch slow update

My Apple Watch had been trying to update for 8 hours now. It’s fully charged and on the charger. The problem might be that I moved and have not connected the watch to my new home WiFi but once the update started I cannot connect it to the WiFi. I tried canceling the update but now it says I need to pair it to my phone again and I can’t do that unless I update. So I’m stuck trying to update it and the “preparing” phase has been stuck for 6+ hours. Any tips?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:23 PM

A lot of people are having problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. See fireyjack's reply to:

Apple Watch Series 3 won't update with Wa… - Apple Community

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times unpairing/pairing the series 3 watch for the update to finally work. For possible solutions, see the reply to:

Problem updating Apple Watch Series 3 to … - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.4 can't be updated on Watch Ser… - Apple Community

Series 3 watch only has 4.8 of memory - Apple Community

or the replies to:

Can’t do update on watch - Apple Community

See fireyjack's reply in this link:

I have tried installing the latest update… - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 7:23 PM in response to chelcy48

A lot of people are having problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. See fireyjack's reply to:

Apple Watch Series 3 won't update with Wa… - Apple Community

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times unpairing/pairing the series 3 watch for the update to finally work. For possible solutions, see the reply to:

Problem updating Apple Watch Series 3 to … - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.4 can't be updated on Watch Ser… - Apple Community

Series 3 watch only has 4.8 of memory - Apple Community

or the replies to:

Can’t do update on watch - Apple Community

See fireyjack's reply in this link:

I have tried installing the latest update… - Apple Community

Aug 14, 2021 6:46 AM in response to chelcy48

My Watch 5 suddenly developed various problems about a month ago. I am growing impatient. First the battery started running out of power way faster. That got somewhat better after I updated the software but it now seems to have gotten worse again but not as bad as before. But for over a week now it is barely working. When I tap tiles the apps don’t open a bunch of the time and when they do open it is very delayed. Same thing when I try to close apps. So I’ve tried to check for another software update on the watch app on my iPhone but I just get a perpetual spinning wheel when I try that. Very disappointing.

Apple Watch slow update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.