Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS TV app Not Loading

I think it is telling that 2 years after the app was released it is still not an option to select when trying to get support from Apple. It is almost as if they know...

Running MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2 on an iMac 3.7Ghz i5 (2019) with 64GB RAM and 8 GB graphics.

Long story short the TV app will not start-up unless it is literally the only thing running. Even if other programs are open but not being used (pages, etc) the program will present the spinning wheel of death for hours. I left it running for over 8 hours just to see if it would eventually completely load but it did not.

I do have an excessively large library stored on an external HD mounted to the system but that never seemed to bother iTunes so not sure why it would matter now.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 9:20 AM

You could try holding down Option+Cmd as you launch TV to if that will open it in safe mode and make any difference. FWIW TV works fine for me on my M1 MacBook Air running Big Sur, and my late 2012 Mac mini running Catalina, but in both cases it is a relatively small library.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

macOS TV app Not Loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.