Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video not available roku Apple TV channel

Watched Ted Lasso season 1 episode 1. Episode 2 says video not available.

I have the Apple TV channel on Roku. No other shows will play either.

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:25 AM

Do you subscribe to Apple TV+? Ted Lasso is subscription content.

Did you verify that you are signed in to the Apple TV app?

26 replies

Nov 6, 2021 11:24 PM in response to Julzzy16

Video not available - There's a problem loading this video - MSG

I have been having the Exact Same Problem on any movie I try to watch on Apple TV+ App. through my Roku Device. 

I have a paid Apple TV+ subscription and have been trouble shooting this problem of over a week and have tried

"Everything" I have a High speed / High Bandwidth internet connect "Wired" and the Apple TV+ works fine when

logged on and watching through my PC. On my Roku, every other paid subscription works like a champ even through

I have noticed that it is starting to take up to 15 to 30 seconds to load a new movie and begin watch (HBO MAX and Netflix).

A blank screen will appear for the 15 to 30 seconds and then the movie starts. BUT when logged into the Apple TV+ App,

through my Roku Device, I will see the spinning dots for that 15 to 30 seconds and then BLAM! the "Video not available - There's

a problem loading this video" MSG will pop up on the screen and I am dead in the water!!!! This is a real set back because the

main reason I re-subscribed to Apple TV+ was the watch "Foundation".

Actually, this problem has been going on for several years and over many other devices so it is most definitely an 80% to

90% APPLE Application coding error. I have also noticed that this is never reported on a Apple devices, only on Non-Apple

hardware. So the Coding Error is only a problem with non-Apple devices, so it is probably not a priority for them (Apple) to fix it.

I'm an old guy who has been around these devices from the very beginning (late 1970's) in the Electronics industry and the

old APPLE / Microsoft (and Cloned devices) rivalry seems to still be hanging around complicating cross device compatibility

problems (Just like this one)

So either ROKU Engineers will have to break the APPLE video streaming code or we are left with the only solution, one which

APPLE Wants us to follow. Go out and buy an Apple device,  an Apple TV or iPad etc etc ect.

I would like to hope for the best but I'm not placing any bets on this being fixed any time soon unless Roku get serious

and stop blaming internet connectivity problems. Apple will not fix it.

APPLE & ROKU Tech Support "Do you hear me now???"

Rich

Oct 4, 2021 6:34 PM in response to Angimcbride

I'm having the same problem. Watched a few episodes of Ted Lasso, now nothing. We just get the "Video Not Available" message. Tried some other Apple TV shows and the same message. Rebooted Roku. Removed and reinstalled Apple TV and still nothing. The rest of our Roku channels are working. Tried talking to a technician but got passed along and then lost.

Going back to the British Baking Show for now. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Oct 8, 2021 8:36 PM in response to riisebean

Quick fix, watch the show you want on another device, ( I used my iPhone ) after watching for about a couple of minutes it will say resume play where you stopped at and suddenly work.

( On roku Apple TV ) why should you have to go though all this to get it to work I don’t know. It is frustrating when it should just work on the tv.

Oct 10, 2021 10:59 PM in response to Mmpammpa

We’ve been having the same trouble the last few days trying to watch series 2 of Ted Lasso (and some other shows) on our TV through the Apple TV+ app. The shows won’t play and a ‘video unavailable’ message comes up. On the other hand, Morning Wars is playing fine. We’ve logged out and in again but it doesn’t make any difference.

Oct 12, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Blahfix

When I look up the problem on Apple support site they suggest to contact Roku.

Based on Roku support, Apple TV app. is fully maintained, updated and managed by apple.

in my experience Apple TV is the only App that has this issue. I have pretty much every streaming installed.

I wish Apple would fully support this application instead of us trying to find a solution on our own.

Oct 25, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Mmpammpa

I can not watch Apple TV on my Roku. keeps saying video not available theres a problem loading this video if this continues check your internet connection. I purchased an updated Roku. was able to watch shows on it for a bit, but then i started to receive "video not available" again. i have updated, restarted, switched devices, sent feedback and purchased a new roku. why does this keep happening? My internet works great. It now appears that it isnt only me experiencing this as an isolated issue. how can this be fixed?

Nov 15, 2021 8:41 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Apple - this is a nonsense answer. WHen i reached a support person at Apple you sent me to Roku. WHen I got to Roku (on device on which every other streaming service works), the Roku technician said that this is an Apple issue. WHAT IS THE ANSWER HERE???

Yes, I am a subscriber. Yes, I am signed in. I just watched an episode of Ted Lasso, then tried to watch "The Morning Show", only to be greeted by "Video Not Available. There's a problem loading this video. If this continues, check your internet connection." My Download speed is 209.55. Plenty good enough. This happens everywhere I use Roku.

You're Apple - SOLVE THIS!!!!!

Dec 6, 2021 6:39 PM in response to NS1717

Same problem here. Old Roku 3 started exhibiting this problem. Reset everything to no avail. Just purchased a Roku Express HD hoping the newer unit would work. No joy - same problem. Some shows play, others don’t.

Would consider an Apple TV but it is a too expensive solution. Now considering unsubscribing since the content is quickly become of no value.

Doesn’t bode well that Apple can’t provide an answer (still no idea what the problem is), but with no solution in sight, it’s just not worth it.

Video not available roku Apple TV channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.