Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Version 15.0 (15612.1.29.41.4, 15612) will not load financial websites

The recent updates for Catalina and Safari has disabled Safari.

Whenever I try to load a financial website or log into one, the webpage reloads several times with the following error: This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred. When it stops reloading a black background appears with the following error message: A problem repeatedly occurred with "http//:[displays the URL]"

This was not an issue with version 14.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 1:11 PM

This thread solved the issue for me on Catalina https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253165554

I couldn't update Safari, but the Safari reinstall fixed the problem.

6 replies

Sep 22, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Itjustwontwork

I do not claim to be an expert by any means. Seeing various issues posted on this forum for a long time is in itself revealing. Safari has had various issues for some users. Since the release of Safari #15.0 there has been an exponential increase in problems which did not exist prior to installing #15. When I said "word has it that...", I was referring to a posting by a user who was told this by Apple in a recent conversation. Was that true? I'm assuming it was. Logically, I can assume that Apple now knows they have some problems with Safari. Therefore, they would want to fix them. As to the suggestion to use another browser, you would be surprised that many users do not know to do that. Some are very proficient and it also amazes me that someone would spend thousands of dollars on a computer and then not attempt to learn how it works. But, many people do not. Working on this forum has taught me a lot. No one here has all the answers. We just try to help each other when we can.

Safari Version 15.0 (15612.1.29.41.4, 15612) will not load financial websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.