Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 iOS 15 - CarPlay doesn’t play music

I had an iPhone 12 with iOS 15, everything was working fine and dandy.

I upgraded to iPhone 13 and now music does not play using CarPlay when I am using either Spotify or Apple Music.

I have a 2018 Audi and I use lighting to connect to CarPlay.

When I click on a song either using Spotify or Apple Music my CarPlay app shuts down.

CarPlay works and does not shut down when I use Google maps or Apple podcasts. But as soon as I click on a song Apple CarPlay just shuts down.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:04 PM

I just got my 13 Pro Max as well and it did the same thing to me. I have a 2021 F-150 and it worked perfect till I paired my new phone to CarPlay and my story is the exact same. I hope apple comes out with a fix soon very frustrating.

79 replies

Sep 27, 2021 6:08 AM in response to braxmed

You should know that I received help here on this board and the advice was excellent. Without there area of expertise I would never have found the answer and I learned something new. I am not an expert and I joined to learn. I am not tenicial and everyone here learns something . I hope this helps you feel more at ease

iPhone 13 iOS 15 - CarPlay doesn’t play music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.