Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 keeps disconnecting from car bluetooth

Hello,

I have issue with my iPhone 13 mini and iOS 15. Bluetooth works very well - basically Spotify through the bluetooth works without any issues.

However calling via bluetooth is really issue for me. I used my bluetooth in my car and also my handsfree device. Unfortunately the situation is the same - if I want to call via bluetooth then the phone call is cancelled after few minutes (sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 6 minutes).

Could you please fix this?

Thanks

Martin

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 6:50 PM

I just bought a new iPhone 13 pro max and the Bluetooth feature is super frustrating. It connects to my Toyota Highlander but will hang up on people at random intervals as I’m talking with them. Spotify will work and then cut out as well. I have researched this issue and tried all of the recommended ways to deal with this problem but none have worked. Can you help?

195 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 6:50 PM in response to SnickZ.

I just bought a new iPhone 13 pro max and the Bluetooth feature is super frustrating. It connects to my Toyota Highlander but will hang up on people at random intervals as I’m talking with them. Spotify will work and then cut out as well. I have researched this issue and tried all of the recommended ways to deal with this problem but none have worked. Can you help?

Oct 1, 2021 7:13 AM in response to mhalaM

Hey mhalaM,

We see you're experiencing with Bluetooth during phone calls. Do you experience the issue in different locations such as home, work, friend's home, and/or grocery store? This information helps determine if it is location specific or not.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone If that doesn't help, toggle Bluetooth off in Settings > Bluetooth. After about 20 seconds, turn Bluetooth back on. Also, if there is a case on the device, removed it and see if that resolves it.

Take care.

Oct 21, 2021 2:21 AM in response to mhalaM

Hello,

Have the same problem with Bluetooth connecting to a VW Golf 6 with RNS510 after upgrading to iOS15 on a iPhone 12 Pro. Tried all the "solutions" find online (Restart Bluetooth, Forget Device, Reset Networking Settings), even disconnected the BT module under the seat with no fix what so ever. Only managed to connect with Media but can't use the Phone for calls.

The next update IOS15.02 didn't fixed this issue at all.

Hoping to see more reports about this bug and hope that the next update will finally resolve the issue.

Nov 9, 2021 3:10 PM in response to pudgemo

I have had persistent bluetooth issues since the iPhone 12 Pro and now the same with the iPhone 13 Pro for phone calls. My airpot pros, and both my Audi handsfree connections seem to be affected. I have worked with apple support, changed the phone, AirPods, updated Audi software, removed added all Bluetooth devices, and even started my most recent phone as new with no backup. Multiple iOS updates over the past year have not helped either. On calls when there is poorer signal the bluetooth connection starts cutting out such that I hear every other word and the same on receiver side. I switch to speaker and all of this distortion disappears. If I immediately connect back to the Bluetooth device, the distortion resumes. After a little time, when I reconnect it seems to resolve. This is very frustrating and can happen multiple times in my car. I have noticed it is much worse in my car when driving so I wonder if it related to the ATT signal, 5g, etc. I am very frustrated at this point and don't know how to actually use my phone in a proper way. Using the Bluetooth has allowed me to be safer when driving, traveling etc. Sometimes I miss my Nokia, the calls were never an issue

Oct 7, 2021 2:37 PM in response to mhalaM

Almost same issue here. Not able to connect my iPhone 13 Pro to my VW Touran. The phone shows up but refuse to connect. Just tried to connect to a Geneva Touring radio via Bluetooth. Not connecting there either. Tried to reset all settings on the phone but still not working. This is really frustrating. Next is to reset all content on the phone but trying the longest to avoid it.

Oct 26, 2021 10:43 PM in response to calinvr

100% won't work with either my Amarok or TOUREG R Bluetooth. This must be fixed. It's a major safety floor and I'm sure I will not be the only person who holds Apple responsible if there is an accident cause a driver looks at their phone / speaks on their phone... let's hope it gets fixed. I've troubleshooted everything!!

Oct 1, 2021 9:19 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hello,

Yes. I experience this issue in different locations. I also tried to use different device (handsfree in my car) and the issue is still the same.

Today on Apple chat it was recommended to change call audio routing from automatic do Bluetooth headshet.

It seems like this issue was "almost" resolved. Now the situation is better, however today I had two calls which were for some reason cutted down anyways.

Any ideas?

Martin

Oct 31, 2021 2:33 PM in response to mhalaM

Same issue here. iPhone 12 and 13 Pro Max have bluetooth issue with my car's bluetooth handsfree (it's Volvo XC60 2010). One call goes through and then second one completely freezes my car's dashboard and stops communicating. Have to shut down the engine of my car for it to "restart" but doesn't work again after one call. Already submitted two feedbacks to Apple in the Feedback assistant app. Submitted with full logs, Apple still don't care. Also went to the dealer to have my car updated, that did not help either!

Feedback IDs: FB9672277, FB9670880

This is frustrating for a 1500€ phone! iOS 15.1 official release did not help either.

(iPhone XS Max on same latest iOS works fine - weird right?)

Nov 5, 2021 10:20 AM in response to mhalaM

An update… I removed the phone from the list of Bluetooth devices in my car stereo Bluetooth. Then I added a new Bluetooth device on my car stereo and then turned on Bluetooth on my phone and found it and paired it so that works. However it still does not list the other Bluetooth devices I had previously… My home stereo etc. So I guess I will need to somehow delete the audio Bluetooth pairing from all other Bluetooth devices and reconnect.

Nov 14, 2021 4:49 AM in response to Abe65

Same issue 2017 Toyota Tundra, iPhone update 15.1. I drop calls after a few minutes. I have updated firmware on entune. I have reset both Bluetooth devices, paired again, contacted Apple support, no luck. I had no issues prior to the 15.1 update. Also the update caused

the entune screen to lock up a few times. It’s never done that in the history of owning the truck.

iPhone 13 keeps disconnecting from car bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.