Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off mute sound on iPhone

Hi,

I recently upgraded to iOS 15 and when I am on phone call, if I press the mute button or speaker button ( inside the phone call/ while I am on the call), it makes a clicking sound ( this lets the person on other side of call know that I put them on speaker / hold/ mute , because of the button press sound that I can hear as well as the other person on the call). How do I fix this , or press mute / speaker buttons without making sound.

I did try sound haptics turn off, sound settings all off etc, but none of the solutions worked.

thanks so much in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 2:05 PM

I need to use the mute/speaker button a lot. When I use either button the phone makes an audible sound letting the other person know I muted them. Not ideal for work meetings when I need to mute, and unmute frequently. Please fix to allow disabling this feature. It was not on the previous iPhones. This is not good.

100 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 2:05 PM in response to Sim9

I need to use the mute/speaker button a lot. When I use either button the phone makes an audible sound letting the other person know I muted them. Not ideal for work meetings when I need to mute, and unmute frequently. Please fix to allow disabling this feature. It was not on the previous iPhones. This is not good.

Oct 27, 2021 12:34 PM in response to parswon

parswon wrote:

This stupid bug is causing safety issues and security concerns.
When you put your phone on silent, that means no noise should be created.
This poor setting is very harmful in some circumstances

FIX IT ASAP. DO not make stupid changes please

Just who do you think you are talking to here? Apple? You are NOT. This is a user to user only forum. We don't work for Apple, so demanding anything be fixed here is pointless. Apple doesn't read these user forums for feedback.

Provide feedback to Apple via this link --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

Oct 2, 2021 1:29 PM in response to Sim9

Hello Sim9,

We see you're looking to turn off the sound that occurs when tapping some buttons within the Phone app. We can help get that headed in the right direction for you.

Apple always welcomes feedback on how to improve apps and services. If you'd like to provide some of your own, the best place to do so would be on the dedicated product feedback page here: Product Feedback

Cheers.

Nov 17, 2021 7:59 AM in response to LiveConcertMojo

LiveConcertMojo wrote:

TURN OFF THE SOUND WHEN I MUTE and UNMUTE CALLS! This is NOT a FEATURE it's a NUISANCE!

Who do you think you are shouting at? Apple? You're not. You are shouting at other users on a user to user only forum, none of whom have any control over iOS.

If you want to shout at Apple, use this link --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

Nov 29, 2021 4:17 PM in response to intel272

You should always use whatever product you feel better meets your needs. As users on this user to user only forum, it won't hurt our feelings if Apple doesn't fit that for you anymore. In the world of Smart Phones, it's either Android (Samsung and Google) or iOS (Apple) which are your two primary options. Android will surely have features you may not care for as well. Always remember, "the grass is not always greener on the other side of the pasture."

And as has been provided many times in this thread, feel free to leave feedback with Apple directly as they aren't here and aren't reading these posts for feedback --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Turn off mute sound on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.