Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 8th gen wifi problem

My refurb iPad 8th Gen arrived yesterday. The setup was straightforward - carried out near the modem in my living room.

I also setup the new iPad to connect to a Netgear WiFi Booster installed near the bedrooms.

My existing ancient 2nd Gen iPad Mini and my almost as ancient iPhone 6s all work perfectly well in the bedroom with the Netgear WiFi Booster.

However, the new 8th Gen iPad continually drops the WiFi connection to the Netgear Booster.

I've done all the usual things - rebooted both the iPad and the Booster etc - but the problem persists

WiFi 'Settings' and the reception logo on the screen shows the iPad is connected to the Netgear Booster and the little download wheel is madly spinning but eventually it times out. Mail likewise wont send or receive.

I notice a similar thread started on Mar 28, 2021 failed to find a solution to the same problem by Jul 6, 2021. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252605898

Has anyone else found a solution?

If one can't be found immediately, the new iPad (bought so I can continue to read morning news and emails etc in bed), will be returned.

Regards

Noel

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 5:49 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

ipad 8th gen wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.