Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MagSafe wallet not working with “Find My” on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Just picked up the newMagSafe wallet to use with my new iPhone 13 Pro Max. When I connect the wallet to the phone nothing happens. I tried resetting the network settings and it’s the same thing. If I open up the Find My app it sees the wallet when I click add MagSafe device, but when it tries to connect it says “cannot connect at this time please try again later” Even weirder, is this only works when I have the silicone MagSafe case on the phone, if I try to do the same with without the case, and attach the wallet directly to the back of the iPhone, Find My cannot see the wallet at all.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:32 PM

I tried it on 15.0.1 I’ve tried connecting over 5G and on my Wi-Fi network with no results. I’ve searched around the web and it seems that several other are having the same issue as me.

Similar questions

28 replies

Oct 4, 2021 3:51 PM in response to PMcoub

Hi there PMcoub,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble adding your wallet to Find My. We'd like to help. It appears that you've had a chance to review: About the iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. As mentioned at the bottom of the article, "There are two models of iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. The model that's compatible with Find My was released in the second half of September 2021, and is available in the following colors: Golden Brown, Dark Cherry, Wisteria, Sequoia Green, and Midnight".

After you've confirmed your wallet is compatible with Find My, the next step would be to Restart your iPhone. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor issues. It's also a good idea to make sure you're running the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Take care.

Oct 4, 2021 4:10 PM in response to MVegas21

I'm pretty sure it's the Find My compatible wallet. It's Golden Brown - product number MM0Q3ZM/A and I ordered it on 10/3/21. Also it shows up (not automatically) but if I open the the Find My app and click add MagSafe device - it sees the wallet, the animation comes up and asks if I want to add it to Find My but the app cannot complete the connection. I've restarted my phone several times to no avail and I reset the network settings to no avail. I am on iOS 15.

Oct 12, 2021 10:50 AM in response to sonynair

I am having the same problem as well. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I use the Apple leather case with it.

If I attached the wallet (new version, Midnight color) about half the time it would show an image of the Wallet in Find My, but it would always fail to let me add it.

I thought maybe the case was a problem, even though the leather is said to be okay on 12 per Apple. So I removed it and tried again. Find My did not recognize the Wallet at all.

I saw your post and updated from 15.0.1 to 15.0.2 and no change. The wallet was either not detected, I got a message saying it couldn't be used, or it was detected but then could not be added.

I found another post that recommended resetting network settings and doing a hard restart, but these actions did not help.

Finally, we tried the wallet on my friend's iPhone 12 Pro (not Max) with no case and 15.0.1 and it was found and added instantly. We removed it from his Find My and tried again on mine to no avail.

My phone definitely knows it is a wallet, as it shows the correct silhouette when I attach it on the lock screen, and it always gives feedback when removed or attached. I have no cards in it either.

I have AppleCare, so I will try and get an appointment this week to see if they can do anything.

Oct 12, 2021 4:47 PM in response to AlessaGillespie

I have a similar issue. New iPhone 13 Pro, leather Apple Case, and new wallet. The FindMy worked when I first got it. A week later it stopped seeing the wallet. I waited for 15.0.2, no change. Today I got an appointment at a Apple store and they couldn’t get it working with mine or other wallets. It just doesn’t show up at all when connected. They suggested doing a full new phone setup and just restore items from sync, which means I’ll have to go through and redownload my apps. Since it will take awhile I told them I’d do it at home and if it still doesn’t work I’ll bring it back again.

Nov 18, 2021 6:58 PM in response to phillip5690

So just a quick update.

I would agree things are still not great. iOS 15.1.1 is out now, and I am not sure if it will make a difference, but here is everything I have learned over the past few weeks with the wallet and Find My.

As noted before, if you cannot add it then a reset is needed. Then it will add just fine.

After that the results can be a little weird. I have found that generally if I take the wallet off for just a moment it often fails to update the location for about a day. But eventually it does work and I have never had to do a reset again.

Are things working as expected? Not always

But does it work eventually? Yep!

Dec 13, 2021 7:41 PM in response to PMcoub

Same here. Worked when I first got it. New iPhone 13 Pro Max, leather Apple Case, and new MagSafe wallet, all direct from the online Apple Store. The FindMy worked when I first got it. After first iOS update, I noticed it no longer worked. As of today's update iOS 15.2, still no luck. Did a reset all settings, no go. Then tried erase everything and restore, still not working. Anything else to try short of making an Apple Store visit.

Jan 6, 2022 6:15 PM in response to AlessaGillespie

I had the same exact problem and called Apple Support. They referred me to a Senior Tech and fixed my issue.

I have a 12pro Max with Apple Leather Case, v15.0.2. The solve for me was Settings>Apple Id>Find My>Toggle Find my iPhone On an send last location. Then she had me jump out of settings and try the Find My App. It was finally under Devices with my iPhone and AirPods.

Jan 19, 2022 4:17 AM in response to PMcoub

hi,

I have similar problem. Got the magsafe wallet and external battery. Really hard to trigger that the prompt to pop up.

Manage to do I when I first time unpacked the battery and attached it. Now can't I get my Iphone 13 Pro to react when I putting on the battery on the back. The battery hasen't there for been added to "Find My". The wallet is added but the location is often missing. So completely useless.

Has anyone got this to work? Adding the battery and to get location more frequently updated?

Really lousy for a two over $100 accessories. Not Appel quality at all.

Feb 14, 2022 2:59 AM in response to PMcoub

I have a same problem, just bought a new MagSafe wallet, how ever when I attached it to my Iphone 12 Promax the animation appear for a second then disappear with out any setting up request, try to add it via "Find My" by "Add MagSafe Accessory" but it showing that "THIS ACCESSORY IS NOT SUPPORTED - The MagSafe Accessory you currently have attached is not supported in Find My"

New MagSafe wallet not working with “Find My” on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.