Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 pro noise cancellation

I phone 13 pro has no noise cancellation option anymore in settings for phone calls. If you go to (settings, Accessibility then Audio/Visual.) there is no option anymore for phone noise cancellation. Only in facetime calls.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:13 PM

Hi, childsr!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If we understand, you'd like to adjust the noise cancellation option on your iPhone 13, but do not see it in Settings. We are happy to help!

According to the information found in Adjust the audio settings on iPhone - Apple Support, the option should be where you looked, under Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual. Since you do not see it there, we suggest the following steps:

1. Close all open apps: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Make sure there are no restrictions set on your device: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 15.0.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Best!

58 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2021 4:13 PM in response to childsr

Hi, childsr!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If we understand, you'd like to adjust the noise cancellation option on your iPhone 13, but do not see it in Settings. We are happy to help!

According to the information found in Adjust the audio settings on iPhone - Apple Support, the option should be where you looked, under Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual. Since you do not see it there, we suggest the following steps:

1. Close all open apps: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Make sure there are no restrictions set on your device: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 15.0.2: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Best!

Oct 12, 2021 11:14 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

Upgraded to 15.0.02, no parental control,closed apps and turned off and restarted phone. Still no option for noise cancellation on iPhone 13 pro of were it should be. Seems like I’m not the only one out there with the new iPhone 13 that doesn’t have that option anymore. Bummer! Hopefully in the near future Apple will have a new update to bring this back to their phones.

Oct 26, 2021 9:30 PM in response to hakkimfromadirai

Yes contacted apple support same as you no solution. Left a message that a lot of people were upset with the poor sound quality and why they would go backwards in technology for a quality phone sound. Evidently they don’t get back to you. But do read the comments and take in account to solve issues that people complain about. Hopefully they will have some kind of update in the near future if enough people complain that it’s missing on their iPhone 13s

Oct 27, 2021 6:32 PM in response to childsr

I can confirm that my wife 13 Pro doesn't have that option as well. Though, the issue that we are getting is a lot more annoying. Still can't narrow it down but for example, I am on the receiving end of a FaceTime call 13 Pro to XR and the sound would cut out frequently when you place the 13 Pro on any surface, even on a stand designed for such purpose. No difference with or without a case either. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Nov 5, 2021 12:48 AM in response to childsr

We got iPhone 13 pro max and same problem. When we have FaceTime, WhatsApp video calls or speaker on, other side cannot hear us as soon as they start talking. There is no two way communication. They looked into almost 10 days and send us replacement and same problem. So we had to return and bought iPhone 11 but she needs a phone since we trade in her all one.

[Edited by Moderator]

Nov 8, 2021 8:22 AM in response to Jtomball

I had an 8 and never had issue talking on speaker. As soon as I upgraded to the 13, I have had issues intermittently while talking on speakerphone, Which I tend to do a lot for work. I’ve been able to figure out that the phone actually cancels my voice, so it is noise canceling my voice instead of outside sounds. Pretty unacceptable and ridiculous. I’d rather have no noise canceling option, so I could turn it off and at least people could hear my voice even if it is loud in the background. The feedback I got from people on the other end of the line was that they would hear me and then it wouldn’t drop what I was saying and then they would hear me again. Basically In-N-Out while I’m talking. As soon as I take it off speaker they hear me fine. Pretty crappy result for a phone that cost 1000 more dollars and was 5 years newer than the 8.

Nov 8, 2021 4:34 PM in response to BSPeterson619

There is no solution yet, it is not a software issue. I and my daughter has XR and same software version no problem. But 11 to 13 has some mic problem. I got replacement 13 pro max, same issue brand new Apple ID and account same issue we bought 11 and same issue and so we are stuck with 13 pro max without FaceTime or WhatsApp video calls or speaking with speaker. I think Apple will have recall due to defective mic.

Dec 5, 2021 9:32 AM in response to helana81

I bought ur greatest invention 13Pro and recvd the worst phone ever invented. Why well how would you like to have a loud static noise in your ear throughout your whole conversation asking the other side “what did you say” “ can you repeat” the most annoying static in your conversation and continuance until that conversation is over, a sigh of relieve comes to you! So Apple if you want to save your great invention “FIX IT”! I have to scream coz I’m not sure you can hear me, my ears are still hearing static! You had a fix with the noise cancelation button but you decide to delete that button in 15.01 fixes. You need to act and act fast like within less than 24hrs or face the the biggest disaster of the of apples history. I’m still so crazy upset by it that I will be the 1st in line to ASK for a complete refund and restitution for the pain I’ve endured and it is painful, that static in your ear for as long as the conversation last.

iphone 13 pro noise cancellation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.