Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music player and locked screen - iOS15

is anybody else having the music player showing up on lock screen when a Bluetooth device is connected. (I’ve done all of the troubleshooting steps without success but I haven’t even used the music player since installing iOS 15 ). It seems to be triggered by connecting to a Bluetooth device, in my case, hearing aids. This issue existed in iOS 14 too but Apple addressed that bug, but after installing iOS15 it is now recurring on my iPhone 12pro.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 8:43 AM

70 replies

Oct 30, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Jimeg

Hi Apple, I too have started observing the Apple Music issue since latest iOS 15 upgrade, when connecting to Bluetooth device automatically on the Lock Screen. When I unlock my phone, there is no Apple Music app launched and hence, I am forced to go the Music app and close it. This experience is becoming annoying day-by-day and it’s genuinely a bug in the latest iOS version!!

Hope you address this issue at the earliest!

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Jimeg

Hello Jimeg,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about the Music app unexpectedly appearing on your Lock Screen.

Has this occurred with multiple Bluetooth devices?

Does the Music app stop showing up on your Lock Screen if you temporarily disable Bluetooth?

Is your iPhone updated to the latest iOS 15.0.2? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, does restarting have any impact on this behavior, even if only temporarily? Restart your iPhone

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate this behavior.

Take care.

Oct 13, 2021 1:28 PM in response to chuckbl

Has this occurred with multiple Bluetooth devices? ONLY USE BLUETOOTH CONNECTED HEARING AIDS

Does the Music app stop showing up on your Lock Screen if you temporarily disable Bluetooth? IT DOES STOP SHOWING UP WHEN I DISCONNECT THE HEARING AIDS OR SELECT AIRPLAY ON THE LOCKED SCREEN AND THEN SELECT iPHONE. TURNING OFF BLUETOOTH HAS SAME RESULT AS DISCONNECTING MY HEARING AIDS AND NOT RECONNECTING THEM. AS SOON AS THE AIDS RECONNECT WITH BLUETOOTH THE PLAYER SHOWS UP ON THE LOCKED SCREEN AGAIN WITH THE HEARING AIDS AS THE “AIRPLAY SPEAKER”. PERHAPS IT SEEMS RANDOM TO ME BUT MAYBE IT’S RELATED TO THE BLUETOOTH HEARING AIDS DISCONNECTING -RECONNECTING AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I AM NOT AWARE THAT IS OCCURRING

Is your iPhone updated to the latest iOS 15.0.2? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch UPDATED SOON AFTER THE RELEASE

Also, does restarting have any impact on this behavior, even if only temporarily? Restart your iPhone NOT REALLY. IT ONLY AFFECTS THE ISSUE AS RESTARTING THE PHONE DISCONNECTS THE BLUETOOTH HEARING AIDS. AS SOON AS THE AIDS RECONNECT THE ISSUE IS SAME AS ABOVE

Nov 19, 2021 8:33 AM in response to Jimeg

1. Turn off blutooth 2. then the phone and when back on, it should be gone.

Apple are assholes always changing things that don’t need to like (Siri and having to say a full sentence to turn flashlight on hands free instead of just “flashlight”), I had forgotten they turn blutooth on for updates and there it was on and trying to connect to everything when I looked and the music was gone upon doing said steps.

Mar 28, 2022 4:27 PM in response to chuckbl

I have been having this issue since I updated my Apple iPhone 12 Mini to iOS 15.4. I even waited until the update was readily available to install instead of using the public beta to try to avoid as many bugs as possible. It does appear to be a bug in the update as simple troubleshooting suggestions have fixed it twice now for me. I have spoke to someone about it and am having it reported to hopefully get this bug fixed through Apple itself.

Jun 10, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Jimeg

is anybody else having the music player showing up on lock screen when a Bluetooth device is connected.

You need to disconnect the Bluetooth device.

If you have the music player on your lock screen like this:

Then tap the AirPlay icon, and turn AirPlay -> Off.

Check If the AirPods connected, if so you will get the music player.

Disconnect the AirPods.

Oct 28, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Jimeg

I spoke too soon. While the player did not show up yesterday after I installed 15.1 the player is now appearing today on the locked screen immediately after the bluetooth hearing aids connect to my phone. It is being triggered by a Bluetooth connection with a device like hearing aids or headphones because as an experiment I disconnected my hearing aids and connected my Bluetooth headphones (which I do not use with my phone as I use hearing aids)and that caused the music player to show up on the locked screen too.

Nov 3, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Jimeg

This happens every time I plug in a dongle that has both charging and aux output.. the music player shows up immediately on the lock screen despite the app not being active or open. To make it worse I can’t swipe it away so have to open the app and close it to disappear.. super annoying as this is how I connect my iphone 12 mini in the car.

Nov 11, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Abebenson

On my iPhone I can temporarily stop the music player from appearing on the locked screen by selecting the airplay “button” on the locked screen and the choosing iPhone rather than the Bluetooth device the player is showing. After choosing iPhone the player no longer shows up on my locked screen until I lose the device connection and it reconnects. The same locked screen display problem occurred with ios14 but Apple eventually corrected it. I am waiting for the ios15 update that will address this.

Music player and locked screen - iOS15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.