Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

navigation volume adjustment

There used to be a way to make navigation voice instructions louder than music. I can't find it anymore. All the on line guides point to settings, map, navigation but I don't find it in iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:56 AM

Hi Brian SF,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to make the volume of directions louder in the Maps app. We'd like to help. After you've started getting directions to a location, tap the bottom of the screen. You should see several options including Audio. Tap Audio, then select Loud Volume as described in this thread: I need Siri’s directions to be louder and can’t find a setting to increase the volume.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 10:56 AM in response to Brian SF

Hi Brian SF,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to make the volume of directions louder in the Maps app. We'd like to help. After you've started getting directions to a location, tap the bottom of the screen. You should see several options including Audio. Tap Audio, then select Loud Volume as described in this thread: I need Siri’s directions to be louder and can’t find a setting to increase the volume.

Cheers!

Oct 30, 2021 1:22 PM in response to MVegas21

> After you've started getting directions to a location, tap the bottom of the screen. You should see several options including Audio. Tap Audio, then select Loud Volume

This does not work in iOS 15. If you start getting directions and tap the bottom of the screen, the choices roll.you get are "Add a Stop", "Share ETA", "Report an incident", and [End Route]. There is nothing that references audio, sound, volume, or anything like that.

navigation volume adjustment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.