Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Storage Says Full

My 36GB iPad says it is full, but I only have two or three apps on it (I used to have a lot more but I deleted them when this issue started) and all my photos/videos are in iCloud. You know how usually it will tell you which type of data is taking up storage? It doesn't do that for me, it's just a big gray bar. No labels, no color coding, nothing. I am pretty sure it is a glitch, but I cannot do anything on my iPad until it is fixed. Is there some way to fix this myself or do I need to just take it into a shop? (I have already tried rebooting it, several times in fact.)

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 4:54 PM

Bransbow Said:

"iPad Storage Says Full: [...]You know how usually it will tell you which type of data is taking up storage? It doesn't do that for me, it's just a big gray bar.[...]"

-------

"Other" Storage is the Culprit:

The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 4:54 PM in response to Bransbow

Bransbow Said:

"iPad Storage Says Full: [...]You know how usually it will tell you which type of data is taking up storage? It doesn't do that for me, it's just a big gray bar.[...]"

-------

"Other" Storage is the Culprit:

The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2021 5:19 PM in response to Bransbow

Bransbow Said:

-------

What to Try:

Here is a User Tip I authored. See if performing it is operable with your iPad: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Oct 21, 2021 5:12 PM in response to LotusPilot

Sorry, I was kinda ticked at the time I replied to you. It was from unrelated, and I apologize for my attitude. It's not usually like me.

It does appear that the bolded response would probably fix my issue, though I have already tried that and the lack of storage itself is preventing me from updating. Do you know of any way around that?

iPad Storage Says Full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.