Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1 & Magic Mouse / Calendar Issues

Has anyone experienced the following since upgrading to macOS Monterey 12.0.1?

I have a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro and since upgrading when I return to my Mac after taking a break, when I wake the laptop using the mouse, I notice that I cannot scroll with the mouse (Apple Magic Mouse) unless I turn the mouse off and on again. Track pad works fine all the time, just the Magic Mouse is an issue.

Secondly, since upgrading my Calendar app now takes up to 30 seconds to open. Whether it's related I have also seen problems with the calendar apps on iPad and iPhone (and widgets too) - so maybe it's just a bug in the calendar app. I have tried unticking each calendar and restarting the app to no avail.

Anyone?

Cheers, Mark.

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 10:39 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

151 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 10:39 AM in response to markwalsham

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Dec 5, 2021 12:54 AM in response to markwalsham

Same here.

But I even have an ""extra'' issue.

• Sometimes (about 1 out of 5 times) after putting the mouse off and on again the whole connection stays lost!

This is really time-taking because sometimes it's necessary to restart the Mac before it finding my mouse again...

So in my opinion it's bigger then just turning the mouse on and of in some cases.

Dec 21, 2021 1:10 PM in response to exBURN88

So you have a M1 MacBook Pro, right?

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

Nov 3, 2021 3:32 AM in response to markwalsham

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Using every day for work in a company of 200 computers, I'm the only Mac...

I'm also having problems with 12.0.1, Calendar is stalling and not responsive. When I open it sometimes it is blank and takes 1-5 minutes to populate all of the events. I also have trouble moving the window between monitors.. Also, not sure if it is related, but the calendar on my iPhone 11max pro is stalling as well. Hmmm...

Come on Apple,,, let's get this fixed.

Nov 3, 2021 6:31 AM in response to markwalsham

I just upgraded to 12.0.1 in the hopes that, as suggested by the Apple folks, this might help the constant crashing of Adobe PSE. Immediately after completing the upgrade, scrolling issues started with my Apple mouse. A call to tech support for Apple seemed to surprise them as the claimed noone else had mentioned this issue. I am honestly losing faith in Mac products these days.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1 & Magic Mouse / Calendar Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.