Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard freeze when using facebook comments

I have the latest IPad Pro and the magic keyboard and facebook freezes when I touch comments. Was ok till this last week then since the latest update this as started to happen. When one else have the same problem

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 4:48 PM

Boundarywaterz wrote:

Yes that does work but then it affects the space bar negatively and also adds a blue box around everything that you are typing in.

To fix that go more deeply into the Accessibility settings where you can find the place where Space gets that special function and change that.

Similar questions

92 replies

Nov 3, 2021 7:12 PM in response to Jabterry

Hi Jabterry,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with FaceBook becoming unresponsive. We're happy to share some information to help.

We recommend checking out the resource below and working through the steps there to resolve issues with apps not responding as expected.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open

Thanks

Nov 5, 2021 8:36 AM in response to Stevi_S

I am having the exact issue, IT IS THE KEYBOARD. As soon as I remove the iPad from the keyboard, the app responds fine. YES, I did every step of the suggested troubleshooting recommended by Stevi_S, MANY times, it’s not the app, it’s 100% the keyboard. Just started happening as soon as I updated iOS as well. ALL of my apps and software are updated automatically, never an issue there. HELP

Nov 10, 2021 8:44 AM in response to Alan89

Thank you Alan89, we had been on the phone with Apple twice yesterday and they did not know this solution. They sent us to Best Buy Geek squad and they were very nice and tried to figure out but did not know this simple fix of yours. Then Apple set up and appointment at the Apple store which is several miles from us. All the Apple contacts were nice but did not know this fix either. We really did not want to drive and still not get a fix for our problem. They were thinking it was the keyboard and wanted to place the iPad on a new keyboard in the store. Well that would have been a waist off time too. Thank goodness we decided to check out the Community and here was our fix. Again, thanks for knowing and sharing. You would think by now Apple would have known this flaw in the new update and let their users know.

Nov 11, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Alan89

Man.....I have been struggling with this for two weeks. It occurred to me today that it might be keyboard related because I was not having an issue with any of my other devices. Pop the keyboard off and BOOM.....it works perfectly. I Googled it that way and came across your fix. I would never have found that. Thanks so much.

Nov 18, 2021 8:34 AM in response to robellen

Under accessibility/ full keyboard access/commands space is selected under both basic and interaction areas. There are two activate menu items with "space" filled in. Select the menu items with "space" in them and "clear" to get rid of the space bar as the key to activate and this will remove the blue line and space activation of an icon.

Nov 29, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Jabterry

Been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now. Running 15.1 and Facebook just freezes when you click a comment and have the Apple Keyboard attached. Tried the Accessibility-Keyboard-Full Keyboard Access trick and switched access on which solved it but added annoying shortcuts and blue boxes around everything.

Trick here is to go into Accessibility-Keyboard-Full Keyboard Access-Commands and turn absolutely all options to Clear, except the arrow keys as they’re still quite useful to use on the keyboard. Lastly, go back into Full Keyboard Access and under Appearance, click Hide and select 1s.

Works like it used to again and no blue boxes.

Dec 8, 2021 2:29 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

When keyboard full access is turned on, if I am typing a reply to an email (Gmail) after a couple of keystrokes, the key skips from a reply to the original message, then eliminates spaces. And the space bar doesn't work. It also happens here on this discussion board (the boxes show up as well, though I did change the color to white as was suggested). If I turn off keyboard full access, Gmail works fine, as does typing here. I have a Logitech keyboard that has worked flawlessly, until I updated to 15.1. I will keep keyboard full access off, even though I lose that one function in Facebook (reading comments). I hope there will be an update that fixes this. If you know of any other options, please share. Many thanks.

Keyboard freeze when using facebook comments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.