Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking number is not working

I received notification stating that my MacBook Pro is shipped and provided me with tracking number of UPS, but this is the 3rd day and still my tracking number is not working.

UPS website says:

"We could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please check your information."

and Apple says: They have no information where my package is.

does anyone know when exactly tracking number start working? I assume tracking number is not scanned by UPS and that's why they have no information, but then why apple tells me that my package is shipped and provided me with tracking number which contain no info?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Yeah, but Apple told me to wait till Dec 1 which is suppose to be delivery date....they just don't know what happen to tracking number or they can't pass the message to their shipping department. It's kinda useless they provided tracking number that doesn't work. Didn't expected something like this from such a big company like Apple.

77 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 6:41 AM in response to babowa

Yeah, but Apple told me to wait till Dec 1 which is suppose to be delivery date....they just don't know what happen to tracking number or they can't pass the message to their shipping department. It's kinda useless they provided tracking number that doesn't work. Didn't expected something like this from such a big company like Apple.

Dec 5, 2021 2:42 PM in response to J16p

Thank goodness, I hope you got your beauty.

I got my Shipping notice Nov 30 with the non working Tracking No. with expected delivery Dec 10.

I also had the same run around at Apple who didn't know where it was and did not have any origin scan from UPS, and figured the scammers finally caught up with me, lol.

I will feel a lot better if the Tracking No. comes up in the next day or two.

Thanks for your information.

Dec 6, 2021 8:25 AM in response to deanesfield

Yeah, typing this from my new MacBook. 😀 Not to worry, its a UPS china problem I guess. you will only received shipping detail once they will scan the package before leaving China if you ordered customized. Once your package leave from China it will be at your place in 2 days if you live in Toronto. 😀

My package travel through China-Korea-Alaska-Kentuky-Buffalo-ON ... quite a trip 😂

Dec 6, 2021 8:40 AM in response to John White9

Hey John I posted yesterday and I get a text at bedtime from UPS with tracking info. They now have my package in their possession and is in transit from Shanghai, looks like it's heading for Toronto and for me to expect delivery in Fri Dec 10. It would appear from the origin scan that possession was at Shanghai which is why there is a UPS Tracking No. but UPS did not have possession when Apple said it was shipped in China. So I am content to wait till Friday. Expect to see your tracking info late tomorrow evening (if you are on the west coast).

Dec 9, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Lashline

I had my notice that UPS had my Macbook Pro at bedtime (Vancouver) on Dec 6.

I have had a couple of notifications since, saying that they didn't have the latest info, but was occasionally notified that the shipment as on the way which seemed to coincide that it was in a movement.

The latest notice (and there are many including an exception) is that my package had arrived in Louisville this morning from Anchorage, from Seoul from Shanghai and has left the Louisville facility. Several times my estimated delivery has changed from Dec10 to Dec 13 and back again.

While I have watched the routing from Shanghai to Louisville, but I am not sure of the routine to Vancouver, whether it"s by air or road. I hope it's not by road or rail out because of the flooding damage here in BC. I feel sad that I will have to wait till after the weekend, especially since the plane routine from Anchorage did it's 6,400 mile trip over BC to get to Louisville, and the package has a 3400 mile trip back to Vancouver. But I have up till now been tracking.

I hope you guys will see your shipping information soon, and I would suggest either you google the Tracking number, or even sign into UPS "My Choice" website. FYI, Apple is still showing estimated delivery of Dec 10, while UPS lated iteration shows Dec 13.

I will that Apple holds the whip here, while UPS is expecting another exception.

Dec 9, 2021 4:09 PM in response to deanesfield

Louisville is the main distribution hub for UPS. Everything goes there. It will leave there tonight and should be out for delivery tomorrow. If not UPS delivers on Saturday -at least here in Southern Cal. In the past though for my orders coming from China UPS Louisville delays it 24 hours or so for US Customs clearance. Do not think that will apply in your case.

I have a feeling Apple has great pull with UPS and they may be more accurate.

Dec 9, 2021 6:53 PM in response to J16p

I'm am sure I will feel at ease when it's here. We live in the centre of porch pirates heaven and that's why I am keeping tabs on this shipment as we can't get deliveries to the Apple stores right now. UPS appears to be having issues with reliable deliveries that I will not redirect.

I was thinking that the shipment might go through Toronto (for customs) and across country to Vancouver. With roads and rail taken out by the floods the only pass through BC is via Crow's Nest Pass which is not friendly to drivers this time of the year. There maybe a US route but I would be surprised if the last leg for this delivery is not by air.

Hoping you other guys get your info real soon before the shipping from Black Friday sales come on line.

Tracking number is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.